Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aiite well im looking to get a double din in dash DVD player. Like the Kenwood 7017. i know eclipse and pyle and pioneer also make similar products.

what i wanna know is which is the best? i plan on playing DVD's while i drive. Is it hard to trick the player into thinking the car isn't in motion?

Do they all have the same picture quality?

·
Registered
678 Posts
In order for the player to work while your driving your ebrake has to be engaged if its wired up to it, if not I heard you can ground the wire to anywhere else and it'll work all the time. It's like some law where it has to be hooked up to the ebrake. But in the IS you can lift up the ebrake to where its engaged, but not actually working.

Everyone has different opinions of the best double din's; I personally like eclipses, I havent really seen other units.

Different units have different resolutions.

I don't neccessarily reccomend you driving and watching a dvd, I just went back up to cali this weekend and the passengers in my car were watching a dvd. And like the whole time it was playing it was insanely annoying; just for the fact that the movie is within your peripheral vision, so its' like even if your not directly looking at it, its there in the corner of your eye bright as hell, and its annoying not being able to watch it, just because you could crash.

·
8,880 Posts
Stay away from Pioneer AVIC N2 and D1. The rest should be fine with playing DVDs while driving. Alpine is a bit more comlicated than grounding brake wire, but there's a unit for that.
Brands such as Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse are a good choice.
Pyle is on the low-end side.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the sound quality on these units?

If i replace the headunit, i have to replace the speakers too right?
and when i do, will it be weaker than stock? i already have a pretty loud system in the trunk, i dont want it to drown out the words in my music.

thanks for all the help

·
8,880 Posts
Stock system is very weak an is easy to beat. Replacement of rear speakers is mandatory and fronts are optional.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Sound quality= Eclipse
picture quality= Eclipse
navi features= Eclipse

Get the picture? Eclipse

·
Registered
926 Posts
I want Alpine IVA-310 or IVA-D901. Is it really that hard to get Alpine to work while driving?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts