Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.j-cars.net/newcar_1.htm

The type R is a souped-up version of Toyotas phenomenally popular Altezza, their best selling rear-wheel drive saloon in recent history. To be introduced in Japan in October 2000, it will have a 250-hp straight-6 cylinder engine with Toyotas VVT technology. The R is intended to crown the Altezzas success and as a belated response to Subaru Imprezas and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution's, a task it will more than handle when it eventually receives an intended 280-bhp engine.

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: FullyLoaded ]

·
Registered
571 Posts
oh damn. a 280HP planned engine.

now that's what I'm talking about.

so, all we can do is hope people buy impreza WRX so Mitsu. will be inclined to bring over Evo, which will lead toyota to further follow through with the upgraded IS.

(although, judging from the pic, it looks like many might find the stock IS300 R to look like rice!! heheheh)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
By the way - that picture is an old one, and there is some word that the "Type R" version may have been cancelled due to poor sales projections.

~If~ they do it it may be Japan only...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Where can you get those Front Headlamps again? I remember someone talking about that particular one before.. juss forgot who made it.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
that site must be old. They still have the old concept of the rumored prelude/integra which is now the RS-X?

or is Honda making another one under the Honda name with that design?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
maybe the 5 speeds will get that motor also?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Let's Hope it's not too late for them to make such a change.......I don't think you'll see an HP change until "2003".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts