Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2500 miles coming up: Any good Oil to use for Oil Change. can you please give me any ideas of what i should buy.

-allen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it superstituition that you should wait until at least 10,000 miles to switch over to synthetic? If not, then why not just get the free complimentary oil change at Lexus until you can switch to Mobil 1!

·
Registered
375 Posts
BlackBird3 said:
Is it superstituition that you should wait until at least 10,000 miles to switch over to synthetic? If not, then why not just get the free complimentary oil change at Lexus until you can switch to Mobil 1!
Yup, free oil change, then switch.

·
Registered
369 Posts
FutureISdriver said:
2500 miles coming up: Any good Oil to use for Oil Change. can you please give me any ideas of what i should buy.

-allen
Just make sure you use a brand name oil like Castrol, Vavoline, Pennzoil/Quaker State and you should be fine. Make sure it's 5w-30 oil wt.

As for synthetic, I wouldn't touch that it until at least your second or third oil change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
mickey513
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing