Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
what's the offset on the wheels

i would just get 225 up front and something wider in the rear

do you already have the wheels cause it's in your sig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
We'll need the offsets to determine if the tires will run against the fender. I'm pretty sure the tires will rub against the plastic wheel well with a drop greater than an inch though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
do you think your car is dropped about 2" with the h&r springs

235 tires with a +43 offset will probably give you some rubbing up front, to be safe i would get a higher offset or stick with 225 tires
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
if i do try the +43 offset and a 235 tire where would the rubbing most likely occur? i'm assuming fender lip due to the offset? if it's only a possibility of rubbing... think it could solved with fender rolling?

thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
sam said:
if i do try the +43 offset and a 235 tire where would the rubbing most likely occur? i'm assuming fender lip due to the offset? if it's only a possibility of rubbing... think it could solved with fender rolling?

thanks again
How much of a drop do you have? If it's over an inch, there's a possiblity the front tires will rub against the plastic wheel well. I have 235/35/19 in the front and my tires rub against the plastic wheel well when I back up and turn the wheel towards the right. Other .net members have the same problem with 235s as well.

My front rims are 19x8 (+45), the wheels look like it sticks out a little bit when you look straight down from the hood of the car. Honestly, putting 225s might tuck the wheels in. My wheels don't rub against the fenders though.

Now I'm not sure if it's possible to roll the front fenders because of the plastic wheel well.

Edit: added more stuff...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
oh ok... thanks for the info. actually i don't even have the is300 yet. going to pick it up next weekend. lol. that's why i'm a newbie with a total of 3 posts including this one that i'm typing right now. haha. i'll probably be going with the eibach springs. i like my cars a little more subtle looking... not really a fan of tires that are tucked into the fenders. i didn't realize that rolling the front fender lip wasn't possible... i guess that's cause i don't own the car yet. :)

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
sam said:
oh ok... thanks for the info. actually i don't even have the is300 yet. going to pick it up next weekend. lol. that's why i'm a newbie with a total of 3 posts including this one that i'm typing right now. haha. i'll probably be going with the eibach springs. i like my cars a little more subtle looking... not really a fan of tires that are tucked into the fenders. i didn't realize that rolling the front fender lip wasn't possible... i guess that's cause i don't own the car yet. :)

thanks
I wouldn't say rolling the front fender isn't impossible. Anything is possible with money. I should have said it might not be worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
Hey Sam, here's some more info. I went out for lunch and I looked at the front fenders. There's about 4 clips that connect the plastic wheel well to each fender. If you're planning to roll the front fenders you might have a hard time re-securing those clips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
I had all four fenders rolled and refinished. The plastic piece does not fit all the way anymore because the lip is gone. What they will be doing is custom fitting the plastic fender piece. They will cut it to the point of where it clips in then from there they will refinish the fender well. I think it fits to about the half way point.

Leo my car is at De's house now for some work then from there back to Ventura's for the final wetsanding and detailing if you want to check out the fenders.

I am planning on rolling on 19's 225/35 front and 255/30 rear. The offset is 42 front and 48 rear. Not too sure I want to chance a 235 in the front with my 42 offset. If it was a little higher like 45 I would go with a 235.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,941 Posts
alphatuff said:
I had all four fenders rolled and refinished. The plastic piece does not fit all the way anymore because the lip is gone. What they will be doing is custom fitting the plastic fender piece. They will cut it to the point of where it clips in then from there they will refinish the fender well. I think it fits to about the half way point.

Leo my car is at De's house now for some work then from there back to Ventura's for the final wetsanding and detailing if you want to check out the fenders.

I am planning on rolling on 19's 225/35 front and 255/30 rear. The offset is 42 front and 48 rear. Not too sure I want to chance a 235 in the front with my 42 offset. If it was a little higher like 45 I would go with a 235.
That's cool Sandy. Any pics of the car? I just got my rims re-trued. Road construction in Mass is driving me crazy. I'm a little disappointed on the results because there's a nasty scrape on the inside of one of my lips as well as nicks on each other rim. I'm going to speak to the owner of the shop Tuesday about what he can do about the damage on my rims. I'd love to check out your car once the wet sanding is complete though.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top