Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... so I bought a custom ordered set of (forget the rim name) 19's, and they cannot be returned. 8.5 front, 9.5 rear. I have stock suspension and ride height. My front fender skirts were removed when i had my front bumper installed.

The jamokes at Town Fair Tire are telling me that the 225/35 in the front will require rolling... My concern is the 265 out back...

Does any of this ring anyone's bell??? The rims are 40mm offset. What should I do? I had originally ordered a 215/35/19 and a 255/30/19. They are telling me now if I want the 225/35 for the front, I'll need a 265/30 for the back (which is correct - because of tire height). Any problems with this arrangement?

I know I'm a rookie to the forum - but just to let you all know... YES, I did go searching already!!!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
With a 40 offset and a 225/35, you shouldn't have any problems. I had 235/35/19s and my car was dropped. No rubbing.

As for the rear, You may need to roll. If you had a 9.5 with a 50-55 offset, I'd say you'd be cool. 9.5" and 40mm offset kinda concerns me. Is there anyway you can shave the back pad of the wheel to help bring it in a little. I did that with my 20s (I shaved off 5mm, making it a 45 offset).

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, they ordered me Pirelli PZero Corsas at no additional cost - list at $556/tire. My package cost $2400 - rims & tires. 225/35/19 & 265/30/19

Here's a picture of the tread... Opinions?

Anyone else have any opinions on what I may need to do in the rear - roll/pull? I'm a bit worried and would like to have it done professionally. I got the car back from the body shop less than a week ago with a brand new paint job...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is there anyway you can shave the back pad of the wheel to help bring it in a little. I did that with my 20s (I shaved off 5mm, making it a 45 offset).

How did you go about shaving the wheel down? Did you bring it to a machine shop? If so, what did it cost you?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, please do tell... How much did that cost, it'll probably be my ticket outta trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts