Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a new 2016 IS300 and it getting is getting really low gas mileage. I didn't buy the car based on gas mileage, but commmmonnnn--- 11 mpg?!?! I'm not using sport mode and not driving aggressively-- just normal day to day driving. My car is completely stock at this point.

I've tracked the actual usage with the trip computer and gas receipts to calculate the exact about of gas being used, and compared it to the car's computer (they're pretty similar results), 11.3mpg.

The dealer says since the car seems to be running fine and does't have a check engine light on, there's not a problem. They're just making me jump through ridiculous hoops at this point, but still not finding anything wrong.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ashley

·
Registered
611 Posts
That definitely can't be right. My dad's 2014 GS350 gets better mileage lol.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah I don't think something is being calculated right.

But if for some reason it is that needs to go to the dealer.

My dads 16 RX350 gets way better than that and he drives like a lunatic.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I get 13.5 in my LS460 AWD and nobody ever passes me - mostly city too. Something sounds amiss and the dealers knows squat about that car because it's the first year of that model. Take it in and demand your money back if they're playing their usual funny games.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2015 gets much better than that, pretty sure at that kind of consumption you would be running so rich that you would smell pure gas....

M

·
0 Posts
my 16 is 300 that i just got 2 weeks ago, gets 9 mpg

and i ripped it here and there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts