Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive been out of the fun car game for a while, been rolling around in a 1995 Civic Si hatch for the last half year or so, I needed a beater since I drive over 70 miles a day. It got me around 33 MPGs but it sucked to drive. So I started shopping.

I picked her up with 32 miles. The modding started almost immediately with 5% tint all the way around

At the moment I have the following parts in hatch to install this week:

Cobb F&R sway bars (actually in the garage since its a big ass box)
Cobb RMM
Turbosmart BOV
H&R springs
Matte Black Ford Racing wheels (also in the garage)
Redline hood struts
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
JBR Oil Catch Can

In the very not so distant future I will be ordering and installing Cobb's "Stage 3" kit which is their FMIC, intake, TBE, and AP tuner.

Ill update with some more pictures after I get all the parts on and do a good detail

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
looks good... i drove this car a while back and was able to autox it. i really like it and actually am currently looking at it as a dd while i finish up the IS. its really fun to drive and throw around

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Good stuff Stevan and congrats on the ride, very sharp and I'm sure by now is rather quick. I'll be following especially when you go stage 3!:)

Edit; just realized I'm still subscribed to your old Still thread. Just need to make an edit.lol

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really can't be compared to the IS.. Plus I haven't driven an IS is over 4 years :lol:

In all seriousness the ST is a lot faster, handles a lot better, has more options, and is (unfortunately) FWD. Its really hard to compare them in any category

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got started last weekend building the base for a bigger turbo next year. I installed:

cp-e fmic
cp-e cold charge pipe with HKS BOV
JBR induction hose
JBR sound symposer delete
Sanded the grille down for more airflow

I don't have many pics, but here's the front end after the install

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car. is this finished or have you put on additional upgrades?
Still have to install the downpipe, Greddy 3" exhaust and YSR coilovers will be ordered soon, along with the Cobb AP with custom tune. I've got a few visual upgrades that will be done soon, including a new grill and LED fogs. Tax time can't get here fast enough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts