Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Haha seriously, there is no comparison, what's the point? If a GT-R smokes a 911 turbo, Z06, etc, how does an IS-F stand a chance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I've seen some UK magazine did comparison of GT-R, R8, 911 and M3. So, why not IS-F? Sure, GT-R is faster, handles better, etc; still it would be very interesting to read how they stand against each other in real life. Unf, it's almost impossible to read the scan...

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
It's a comparison because it's the only other japanese performance car with a similar introductory pricetag. (not including dealer markup)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Well, I've seen some UK magazine did comparison of GT-R, R8, 911 and M3. So, why not IS-F? Sure, GT-R is faster, handles better, etc
You just answered your own question.

·
Registered
63 Posts
From what I can read of the article, the IS-F aquitted itself quite well against the GT-R.....
They're not in the same league, for sure, but the IS-F is much more affordable and available...and without dealer markup.
To my mind the Lex is better looking too.:)

C.

·
Registered
532 Posts
id take the money needed to get a gtr and buy a is-f and put the rest of my money into the is-f then we will see who is faster muhaha + the is-f looks way better

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
id take the money needed to get a gtr and buy a is-f and put the rest of my money into the is-f then we will see who is faster muhaha + the is-f looks way better
I still doubt you can run even with a GT-R on the track even with a ton of mods on an IS-F. And the price gap isn't huge to begin with, by next year the GT-R dealer markups should be gone...

·
Registered
101 Posts
heh...I remember there is a japanese video testing both the IS-F and the GTR...the GTR has a bad turning radius...haha...but it is a amazing car...but I dunno...I think I may decide to get the Lexus LF-A in 3 years...so yea...I wonder what people would take...the GTR or the LF-A? :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
heh...I remember there is a japanese video testing both the IS-F and the GTR...the GTR has a bad turning radius...haha...but it is a amazing car...but I dunno...I think I may decide to get the Lexus LF-A in 3 years...so yea...I wonder what people would take...the GTR or the LF-A? :)

Take? LF-A... But buy with money? There's no comparison. I've heard price figures for the LF-A that are more than double the price of the GTR.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts