Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2009 IS350, with sport package and maybe luxury package (how can I tell?). It has the HDD Navigation, but does not appear to have a satellite radio receiver. I guess it's inconceivable to me that the car would have the nav package, cooled seats, all that stuff, but no XM receiver? All I know is, when I push the AM-SAT button, only AM shows up. This would appear to mean that I don't have the receiver. Any way to verify? Where at in the trunk should I be looking for the receiver?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I just bought a used 2009 IS350, with sport package and maybe luxury package (how can I tell?). It has the HDD Navigation, but does not appear to have a satellite radio receiver. I guess it's inconceivable to me that the car would have the nav package, cooled seats, all that stuff, but no XM receiver? All I know is, when I push the AM-SAT button, only AM shows up. This would appear to mean that I don't have the receiver. Any way to verify? Where at in the trunk should I be looking for the receiver?
You already verified it by pushing the SAT button.

XM is not standard on the 06-09 2IS.

It's about $300 to buy the parts from Sewell and you can install yourself in the trunk in about an hour.

I'm pretty sure you don't have a HDD nav system though, in the US at least that wasn't put in the car until 2010 models.

Also, it's impossible to have both the sport package and luxury package.

If your car has memory seats AND woodgrain you have the Luxury package.

if your car has memory seats and NO woodgrain, you have the sports package.

Most of the features are identical between the two, primary differences are:

Lux has woodgrain, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade (sport pack has none of these)

Sport package has sport pedals, sport suspension, aluminum scuff pedals (Lux package has none of these)

Note that it's theoretically possible to get the Lux package with or without 18" wheels but I've never actually seen one built without them. All sport package cars get the 18s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You already verified it by pushing the SAT button.

XM is not standard on the 06-09 2IS.

It's about $300 to buy the parts from Sewell and you can install yourself in the trunk in about an hour.

I'm pretty sure you don't have a HDD nav system though, in the US at least that wasn't put in the car until 2010 models.

Also, it's impossible to have both the sport package and luxury package.

If your car has memory seats AND woodgrain you have the Luxury package.

if your car has memory seats and NO woodgrain, you have the sports package.

Most of the features are identical between the two, primary differences are:

Lux has woodgrain, illuminated scuff plates, and power rear sunshade (sport pack has none of these)

Sport package has sport pedals, sport suspension, aluminum scuff pedals (Lux package has none of these)

Note that it's theoretically possible to get the Lux package with or without 18" wheels but I've never actually seen one built without them. All sport package cars get the 18s.
Hi Knightshade, saw your excellent post on installing the receiver in a previous version. Was that trial and error on your part, or did you find a good manual on how to do it. I'm very confident in my ability to do it myself, if I have decent instructions.

I was looking on the Sewell site, based on your previous post. I note that they have a receiver and install kit. Do I really need the install kit? My impression is that with the sharkfin antenna and everything else already in place, I just need to plug in the receiver and be done with it. Too naive?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hi Knightshade, saw your excellent post on installing the receiver in a previous version. Was that trial and error on your part, or did you find a good manual on how to do it. I'm very confident in my ability to do it myself, if I have decent instructions.

I was looking on the Sewell site, based on your previous post. I note that they have a receiver and install kit. Do I really need the install kit? My impression is that with the sharkfin antenna and everything else already in place, I just need to plug in the receiver and be done with it. Too naive?

Thanks again!
DIY: 2007 ISX50 OEM XM Satellite Radio Install - Club Lexus Forums

The tuner is just the tuner... the install kit is a bracket and a few cables you'll want.

That thread has pics and a step by step install

I'd probably call Sewell when ready to order just to verify the specific part #s are the same but yeah you probably want the tuner and the kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.