Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions. I am on the fence about selling my stock ISx50 18' Gunmetal wheels & tires. They're practically brand new (less than 2k) since I only used them one summer.

I have an 03 GS300 Sportdesign in grey so I like the way the gunmetal/grey color matches the paint. Do any of the new IS wheels come in this liquid graphite color?

Thanks for the help. I hope to decide within the next week.

Eric

·
Registered
250 Posts
It depends, if you have 20's im guessing, I would keep the stockies as backup. I learned this when I bent all 4 of my L-Sportlines in one foul swoop and I had my stockies which were for sale at the time still at home. It never hurts to have atleast 1 set of spares laying around. But if your not on low profile tires then I guess I would sell them.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Looking for some opinions. I am on the fence about selling my stock ISx50 18' Gunmetal wheels & tires. They're practically brand new (less than 2k) since I only used them one summer.

I have an 03 GS300 Sportdesign in grey so I like the way the gunmetal/grey color matches the paint. Do any of the new IS wheels come in this liquid graphite color?

Thanks for the help. I hope to decide within the next week.

Eric
2008 is the only year the IS got those wheels.

06-07 was different color (less attractive IMHO) and 09 they kept the nice color but switched the spoke design to the hideous lobster claws.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I tend to keep OEM wheels... they're more valuable than some random set of aftermarket wheels. It may cost you a lot of money to buy them again if you need OEM wheels in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.