Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As requested... here's a thread to discuss the 2008 Presidential Election!

I'm glad to see Obama doing so well... and a piece of me would like to see him win. It will be a good change for the USA and will probably allow people from other countries to re-consider how they think of America.

You think any presidential candidate would be better for Canada? I know Chretien and Clinton were liked best friends... Bush on the other hand... well... hmph.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I dont like bush, i heard on the radio this morning that %75 of the online canadian votes did NOT want to see him back in power.

i want obama to win, it will be a great change for the states and i think will open many eyes and opportunities. Also as much as i am worried about Hilary winning, because if she has a bad day then Citys will pay!! LOL!

Crester see if you can start up a poll.

any Quotes or information about this election will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Sounds like a stupidity poll. Dubya cannot be re-elected again as president (unless they change their constitution).

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean the Patriot Act didn't completely kill off their constitution??? :p

But yeah... Bush can't go in again. <Thank God!>

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Any non-republicans will do. I don't think the rest of the world can survive another hawk.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
they are all equally horrible,which ever warlord gets elected will cause mass destruction around our beautiful earth :(

Reactions: Denis

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Bah. Rep? Do they mail free ice-cream vouchers to you if you have lots of rep? Cuz if they do, I'm still waiting on my vouchers ..... CREEEESSSTER ..... WHERE ARE MY VOUCHERS?????????

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Obama gets elected as president... one of his promises is that you can redeem rep points on car forums for various car parts.

I'm sorry both of you guys felt the wrath of the Parking Lot gangsters.

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We should probably follow the election and American politics. Afterall... our politicians have no back-bone and will likely just follow along with what the American government will do. And because we are tied together in so many ways... this election plays some importance to us as well.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
We should probably follow the election and American politics. Afterall... our politicians have no back-bone and will likely just follow along with what the American government will do. And because we are tied together in so many ways... this election plays some importance to us as well.
i agree!

i over heard a few employees talking about this today, they said obama made a statement saying something about canadians and our igloos..or some shit like that..anyone know?

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
i agree!

i over heard a few employees talking about this today, they said obama made a statement saying something about canadians and our igloos..or some shit like that..anyone know?
Not sure about Obama, but Rick Mercer did get Mike Huckabee to congratulate Canada on preserving our "National Igloo"

·
Registered
524 Posts
I will respectfully disagree with the no backbone comment. They at least had the backbone to formulate a campaign, run ,and get elected. We put them there. If people are so frustrated, they should get elected and put new ideas and solutions forth.

Not a personal attack Crester, but it just bugs me when I see this kind of stuff. Usually, the people saying this on the whole would never consider even running or throwing their hat into the ring for a highschool election, let alone a provincial or national one.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pcrione7... nothing wrong with having different opinions. It's when it turns to petty personal attacks that things get bad. You like Ferrari... I like McLaren... you like Kimi... I think Hamilton is God... you bleed red... my blood is a metallic silver. :)

But I really can't say that politicians are necessarily the most intelligent people for running the country. They are people who believe they can profit (not necessarily financially) the most and are willing to put up with the bullshit. Not necessarily all politicians are like this... but I think the majority are. Sure there are some people here and there who are doing things because they legitimately care about their territory... but that is a minority. There's a lot bullshit in politics... and it takes a certain type of person to be in that position.

Would I run for politics? Hell no! I don't want to be in the public eye all the time... and I don't want to get into pissing matches with everybody over every little issue. I mean look at Toronto City council. It took them months to even take a photo because everybody was bitching at each other over who got to sit where. Have you seen Parliamentary sessions? They make kindergarten classes look civilized.

As for no-backbone... Canada tends to adopt things that the Americans have. Americans create no-fly lists... we have no fly lists. Americans change daylights savings time systems... we change. Americans don't like Kyoto agreement... Kyoto gets pushed aside. America goes to the middle east for war... we send troops as well. There's very few things in which our country has taken a stand against Americans.

Reactions: siren05

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh... and telling somebody to run and create change sounds nice and all... but practically speaking you are not going to get above the Liberals and Conservatives. Look at the Green party... they are fairly large now and can't even get into televised debates.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they are all equally horrible,which ever warlord gets elected will cause mass destruction around our beautiful earth :(
People liked Clinton tho... didn't they? You know he was pretty good when they had to use a lie about oral sex to get him out of office. If he was bad at his job they could've gotten him out based on that alone.

Clinton is my hero... doing a job as important as running a country and having sex at the same time. :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure about Obama, but Rick Mercer did get Mike Huckabee to congratulate Canada on preserving our "National Igloo"
I don't think they know we exist... I don't think they know anybody else exists.

I always remember the my cousin's friend from New York who thought we measure our temperatures in CENTIMETRES.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anybody else find it interesting that Hillary Clinton was able to win New Hampshire after her public tears? Before that every thing was in Obama's favour.

Reactions: Brandizzle
1 - 20 of 26 Posts