Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got e-mail from Mini.ca doing registrations for the Mini Clubman Challenge Drive Event. These things are usually good for a bit of fun. Last time I was driving the Mini around a course they set up at Downsview Park.

They haven't specified a date yet... they just said it's during the Spring. But if you want to do it... you should sign up as soon as you can because these things fill up FAST!!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I honestly don't know why people would buy this car...

though I wouldn't mind test driving it still

btw... I saw the car in Detroit... I thought the combo rear door/tail light 'housing' is kind of a stupid idea... what if some kid gets their fingers in the slot while you close the door???

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
is that a mini?

double u tee F?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's kinda like a Mini "wagon".

Who cares if you want to buy the car are not... this is a fun chance to throw the car around a track! :)

EDIT: These mini's are fun to drive as well... they are basically point-and-shoot. They have a heavy feel to them... but they handle great.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Just Signed up!

Reactions: lexuriuz

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody received e-mails for the dates of these events this year yet?

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
is there a cost involved?

Reactions: Crester

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope... no cost at all. You go there... they give you a short presentation... and then they lead you out to the cars. They'll probably have some snacks at the end. Last year it wasn't real food... just finger food.

Go ahead and sign up... these things usually fill up very quickly.

Right now I haven't seen any dates tho... you're just basically signing up to participate. Usually they have a few days in a row for this event.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
how do we sign up?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well some of us who participated in other mini events got e-mails. Like I got an e-mail invitation to come. But it was just a sign-up sheet for the event in general... we didn't get to pick time slots yet.

You... and anybody else who didn't receive an invite... can goto MINI.ca and just sign up for the event there.

If worse comes to worse and there's not that many slots available... then if a couple of us here go at the same time... then just come with us! A lot of times there are drop-in spots available. Obviously not slots right after work tho if you go on a weekday.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
officially signed up

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
NO email :pissed:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully they'll come within the next few weeks...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
GO GO GO CHECK YOUR EMAILS

I registered June 07, 1-3.. :D

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool! I picked the same time slot!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
who wants to join me on Suday June 08 10am - 12:)

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Awww :( I am gonna be out of town that weekend so I won't be able to make it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts