Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if anyone out there has have this happen to them. My navigation touchscreen function stop responding/working. I can't press I Agree, control the A/C, pretty much the screen will not respond to any touch function. my car is still under warranty, thanks goodness. I've had other vehicles with touchscreen based navi before but nothing like this happens before. I will call the dealer Monday to schedule an appointment for them to take a look at this problem. I hope they replace me with a new unit so future problems won't come up again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update:
I called Arrowhead Lexus here in Peoria, Arizona and told them about my problem with the touchscreen. They assure me that they have never heard of any problem like this before and it's not normal. Anyway I'm dropping my car off this coming Saturday for them to look at the problem. I will posted of the result after Saturday.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I wonder if removing one of the battery terminals for a min or 2 would fix it.

If you do that just remember you have to train the windows after.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if removing one of the battery terminals for a min or 2 would fix it.

If you do that just remember you have to train the windows after.
I removed the battery overnight, did nothing at all....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update some info..... I went to Arrowhead Lexus in Peoria, Arizona this morning. The service rep took a look at my car and the navi, then told me to go home. Apparently this is not a rare problem. He told me a couple of the IS have been popping up with the same problem. They are going to order me a new ML nav unit no questions ask. He proceeded to tell me it will be coming from the manufacture so it could take up 5 days. Once the unit arrives they're gonna swap it out for me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
^^ awesome, glad to see it worked out. Pretty cool you have an ML system in your IS 350. I would love to have that but I was buying my 2008 IS 350 early this year to save money so was restricted in whatever was available in the lots

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all,

the same thing happened to me and my ride is out of warranty :s

do i have to replace or is there any other way or turn arounds that i can try before replacing it?

please helpp!

thanx!
AL-Atari.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 IS350, mine just did this..... After my car was at the dealership for 40 days fixing my engine from the valve spring recall issues... So does anyone know where to get a new screen from somewhere other than the dealership?? $1900 is way more than I am willing to pay

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I have a 2008 IS350, mine just did this..... After my car was at the dealership for 40 days fixing my engine from the valve spring recall issues... So does anyone know where to get a new screen from somewhere other than the dealership?? $1900 is way more than I am willing to pay
Past 50k mile warranty I take it?

Junkyards or Ebay are your most likely cheaper sources.

Might wanna check this thread though-

Possible nav fix - Club Lexus Forums

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You could try pulling the the NAV DVD face out (panel with the hazard button) using the tools (like watch screw drivers) in your tool bag in your trunk, eject the DVD from the NAV menu and reloading the DVD. If the touch screen won't allow an eject,...see if there is the typical CD manual eject hole in the face of the DVD drive and use a straightened paperclip to eject it.

If that does work:
Go to the diagnostic menu,.....with the car powered up (not running), while holding the "info" button, turn on and off your headlights at least three times to bring up the menu. If it has any red error messages on the left, press and hold the clear button until it beeps. Turn off the power to exit the diag. menu.

Power back up the car to see if the NAV works now,...good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this exact same thing happend to my 06 ML when I had the valve spring recall done as well. They said since I'm out of warranty i'm pretty much screwed.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
this exact same thing happend to my 06 ML when I had the valve spring recall done as well. They said since I'm out of warranty i'm pretty much screwed.
Hmmmm,...the only connection I could see to the valve spring recall is a battery disconnect or,...an ecu flash (which shouldn't affect the NAV).

Maybe try a battery disconnect!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just happened to me too :( The touch screen feature is dead. This has to be a recall? 2k to replace, thats BS. Anybody have updated news on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey

this issue happen to me a year ago...the touch features stopped..just like that
when i went 2 the agency the said it will cost you 17k AED around US 4600
someone send me to small shop in Sharjah and fix it with 900 AED around US 250 lol..
he changed the the screen with that amount and since that time its working well...

I'm living in UAE by btw and my car is is300 07 maybe its weird to you but the gulf specs came like that

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, so I had my screen replaced too but now my touch screen is off. For example, if I press Radio preset number 1 it will choose number 3. Does anyone know how to align the touch screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem, Different Model

My 2007 IS350 just encountered this problem as well, so I figured I would post here to add to the disgruntled customers. I have around 47,000 miles on this car, so this is pretty disappointing. What makes it all worse is a dealership replaced this unit WITHOUT NEEDING TO a year and a half ago. I am going to call this dealership and ask them to pay the 800 dollar cost (strange that my bill is lower than the average as I am taking it to a Lexus Dealership.)

We'll see if Lexus takes responsibility for this considering my unique situation, but I certainly think an essential piece of the car breaking after 4-8 years of limited use is absolute crap no matter how you view this. If Lexus wants to keep their reputation in tact, they should pay for repairs to obviously shoddy technology they placed in their vehicles.

We pay a premium for Lexus vehicles, so we should receive premium piece of mind and premium service. This is the least they can do when their competitor, BMW, pays for all service (even oil changes) on their cars. We'll see how my situation ends up being resolved... I will be fighting this, though.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
To be fair, BMW pays for "all service" because they charge you $8000 more for a similar car (see other threads where I've done 350 to 335i comparisons, or 250 to 328 ones, that's about the price gap with similar options), so they can afford to do a few hundred bucks in "free" oil changes.

That said, no way I'd own a 2IS without extended warranty, and doubly so for nav... Unlike BMW (HPFP anyone?) the failures aren't ones that keep you from driving the car (touchscreen going out, dash needle lights dying, ML subs going out) but they're stupidly expensive to get fixed on your own dime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts