Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
i'm new here and I got 2007 is350.
I had it for a little while now, but only recently finally bought an intake.
i read all over and decided Injen would be good (19 hp promised), so i got it.
now the sound is awesome (loving it), hp and torque increase is definitely there, but theres a problem... i lost throttle response....not all the time, but sometimes when i step on the gas (while in motion already), seems like trany doesnt downshift and it seems like the throttle is behind.
someone told me that coming-out air is restricting that, and that I got to get an aftermarket exhaust, but i feel much more comfortable with stock one, at least for now.
did anyone ever heard of that problem and would know what to do?
thx.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
hey everyone
i'm new here and I got 2007 is350.
I had it for a little while now, but only recently finally bought an intake.
i read all over and decided Injen would be good (19 hp promised), so i got it.
now the sound is awesome (loving it), hp and torque increase is definitely there, but theres a problem... i lost throttle response....not all the time, but sometimes when i step on the gas (while in motion already), seems like trany doesnt downshift and it seems like the throttle is behind.
someone told me that coming-out air is restricting that, and that I got to get an aftermarket exhaust, but i feel much more comfortable with stock one, at least for now.
did anyone ever heard of that problem and would know what to do?
thx.
Any power gains are entirely in your imagination- no intake adds enough power to make a noticeable difference in anything but sound on the 2IS. (quite a lot of folks mistake louder for faster though)... and certainly none deliver even half of the 19 that someone lied to you about the injen giving you. (more like 1/4 of that).

Ditto the throttle response if the intake is installed properly (which would be the first thing I'd check- to insure there's not some small leak somewhere in the intake path from something not quite tight enough).

The stock intake already provides more air than the engine is capable of using... it's not like an after-market one now magically provides "extra" air the car doesn't know how to deal with... (that's what the MAFS is for after all).... and thus an aftermarket exhaust, while it'll also add a small few hp, isn't "necessary" for anything else to work properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts