Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I'M BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK!!! lol

My question is for whoever out there can answer this for me. Knightshade, you had mentioned that the wood grain is only the luxery package and without it, you must of the sports package (with the features you listed earlier). Well I am confused now... I have an '07 350 and I have wood grain on the center console as well as wood grain around each air vent and up the NAVI console as well. I also have the rear shade (which as you said was the for sure determination if you have the lux package). But heres the kicker... I have the sports peddles you were talking about and also have all the sport settings. Now, I already realized when I bought the car that it is NOT fully loaded (which I wish I had the Mark Livingston system and Dynamic Cruise) but does have a lot of the options as listed below:

Rear Sun Shade
Heated/vented seats
woodgrain (EVERYWHERE)
sports peddles (brake, accel., and what ever that foot rest is on the far left)
park assist (front/rear)
headlight washers
rear backup cam
VSC (on/off)
traction control (on/off)
XM Radio
Driver/Passenger Memory Seats (which is acting up... steering wheel moves but seats dont. Just started happening last week)
Rear spoiler
Sun Roof
Bi-Xenon headlights
G-Spider Alloy Wheel/Tire Upgrade
Illuminated scuff plates

I know I am missing a couple things but I do NOT have:

The Mark Livingston system
Pre-Collision System/Dynamic Cruise

So what is my car?? What package is it? I am at work right now but I can post pictures when I get home if you would like. I am confused!!! lol

The sport pedals are easily added aftermarket (either with genuine Lexus parts or 3rd party cheaper pedals)

Woodgrain and rear sunshade and memory seats is the luxury package.

AFS is a standard feature if you have HIDs (which are also included in the Lux package)

Basically from your list the cars options are:

Luxury Package
Nav (without ML)
Park Assist
Headlamp washers
Rear Spoiler
G-spider wheels
XM Radio

Everything else in your list is part of either standard features (trac on/off for example) or the lux package (illuminated scuff plates for example)

then on top of that someone before you swapped on sport pedals.

And yes from description the two major options missing are Mark Levinson and PCS... so it's pretty well optioned, just not loaded.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NICE! Well I found a post on Clublexus.com that said how to get a print out of everything on your car and they are sending it to me via email. It's great to have not only so you know what exactly is on your vehicle but also a great selling feature when you have the print out so the perspective buyer knows as well. Great customer service from Lexus. Anyways, Knightshade, your a bank of knowledge my friend! I will do a search to see if there is anything on that question and post it in the forums if not.

Hey Knightshade, I got another question for you but I am going to have to go back and review the previous post from years ago to figure out how to ask it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Idk... I cant find it. But I guess what I was wondering was if the sports package has anything done to the engine or if its just basically the suspension. Hell I thought my car was freaking fast and took courners like a freaking CHAMP! I can only imagine what the sports package is capable of if its leaps and bounds better than what I got.

One things for sure, I was looking at the G37x sedan, Cadillac CTS and the IS350 and the only reason I threw the Infinity out is because it reminds me of Nissan to much. Idk what it is about Nissan but theres something about the interior where it just feels (forgive me for saying this but).... cheap. GRANTED! The Infinitys are nice. The CTS during the year I wanted (2008) had timing chain issues and was a $3K issue so I went with the IS350 and once I found mine. Hell I bought it in my head before I test drove it. Its beautiful. Black ext, black leather and I didnt like the wood grain at first but it breaks everything up and just makes it real homey where the G37 didnt feel that way. The Caddy did but again, that timing chain issue IMMEDIATELY disqualified it in my eyes. I am notorious for moving up through cars lol. For example, before my 350, I had a mustang. Liked it but wanted something bigger and better. Got an F150... ALSO liked it but wanted something more powerful! So I got an F-250 Turbo Diesel (amazing!). Sold it because I moved to Baltimore and it didnt fit down the streets and sucked on gas, got this Lexus so my next step is of course.... the IS-F!!!! lol I wish... lol those are WAY out of my price range. Maybe once I get out of the military.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
A sport package car is identical to a lux package car with the following differences:

The sport package car does NOT have:
woodgrain
power rear sunshade
illuminated scuff plates

However, it does have the following that the Lux does not:

Aluminum scuff plates (the scuffs are easy to swap if one prefers one over another though)

Sport Pedals

Stiffer shocks and springs- which includes a 0.4 inch ride height drop in the front

Oh, and technically another possible difference- the Lux package is available with or without 18" wheels (stock wheels are 17s)- though it's extremely rare to find a Lux package car that didn't take the 18" wheel option; the sport package only comes with 18s.

No change to engine, transmission, or steering between them.

Now, starting in 2011 (in the US anyway) they dropped the Sport Package and instead began offering the "F-sport" package- which is a very different animal.

It lacks most of the nicer luxury type features the old sport package had (no memory seats, no rain-sensing wipers, no auto dim/tilt side mirrors, etc) yet still is mutually exclusive from the luxury package- and it replaces most of those items with more cosmetic type things (rear spoiler incorporated, some badging and stitching, seats changed to IS-F type which meants heated only, no vented); It does retain the sport suspension shocks and springs with 0.4" drop in front though.

But most confusingly, it contains virtually no actual "F-sport" accessory parts... making the name for it pretty damn misleading.

The one actual "upgrade" in it is a re-calibrated, sportier, steering ECU... though older cars can easily enough swap this new ECU into older cars if they buy it themselves.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts