Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on Edmunds forum by "dojo75": Taken from Clublexus.

"I just got off the phone with the dealership here in Indianapolis and they are expecting the first 10-11 IS 350 models to come in the frist week in October, that is certain. They will all be fully loaded with Nav and ML systems and is expected to top right around $41,000....I will take this as a speculation since Lexus has not released that information so that was his guess.

Now for the best part and this is NOT speculation. Sometime in 2006, Lexus will introduce the 2007 IS350 model with a 2 door, (single) hard top convertible option. I asked him if he was certain about this and he said it is a done deal and NOT speculation!! He DID speculate that it would be in the mid to high 40s but duh!! I Depending on how the 2006 model prices and sells I would not be suprised if it topped out in the low 50s....but that is my speculation since there are no other cars in this class to compare it with. The only thing that I was not able to get out of him was whether the 2007 model would have a manual gear box and if that would come on the coupe-convertible model.....he could not say for sure. I know we've all speculated that Lexus would bring out a coupe - convertible in the future but can anyone validate the information I just got from my dealership? I don't know about you folks but I'm waiting a year to buy my IS 350!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
is this be for reals my brother
 

·
Dr. JDM
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
in 2007 i'm waiting for my new GT-R...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Ill_IS said:
This was posted on Edmunds forum by "dojo75": Taken from Clublexus.

"I just got off the phone with the dealership here in Indianapolis and they are expecting the first 10-11 IS 350 models to come in the frist week in October, that is certain. They will all be fully loaded with Nav and ML systems and is expected to top right around $41,000....I will take this as a speculation since Lexus has not released that information so that was his guess.

Now for the best part and this is NOT speculation. Sometime in 2006, Lexus will introduce the 2007 IS350 model with a 2 door, (single) hard top convertible option. I asked him if he was certain about this and he said it is a done deal and NOT speculation!! He DID speculate that it would be in the mid to high 40s but duh!! I Depending on how the 2006 model prices and sells I would not be suprised if it topped out in the low 50s....but that is my speculation since there are no other cars in this class to compare it with. The only thing that I was not able to get out of him was whether the 2007 model would have a manual gear box and if that would come on the coupe-convertible model.....he could not say for sure. I know we've all speculated that Lexus would bring out a coupe - convertible in the future but can anyone validate the information I just got from my dealership? I don't know about you folks but I'm waiting a year to buy my IS 350!!"

Are you sure your dealer wasn't talking about the 800 hp quad turbo with optional artificial intellegent that monitors your car's nuclear flux capacitor and NAWSSSSS????!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,122 Posts
4 door convertible? i don't know.. the reason i bought an IS was because it was a 4-door. If i was able to buy a 2 door, i'd have gone supra or sc300/400/430, heck G35.
But due to the family, a 4-door was the only option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
yeah id go for the GT-R too hehe, anyone know how much thats gonna be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,697 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
4 door convertible? i don't know.. the reason i bought an IS was because it was a 4-door. If i was able to buy a 2 door, i'd have gone supra or sc300/400/430, heck G35.
But due to the family, a 4-door was the only option.
one model would let you strap youir kid in and still drive like Schumacher: BMW M5
 

·
Founder
Joined
·
8,708 Posts
Dealers don't know much about upcoming models until they go to "Lexus College" - take this as speculation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
webmaster said:
Dealers don't know much about upcoming models until they go to "Lexus College" - take this as speculation.
I thought it was pretty much well known that a coupe and convertible was coming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
^^ with magoo^^ Not my thing, if i got a convertible it would be an s2000 or something like that, not a new IS but i guess we will have to wait and see
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Nothing is fact till it is made in metal
I guess you're right. Even if Lexus said it... they can always change their mind. After all... there was a lot of talk about the legendary IS430 which was supposed to take on the M3... and the first generation was also rumoured to have a coupe on the way.

But as far as I know... the new IS having a coupe/convertible is more than just a rumour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,822 Posts
Crester said:
But as far as I know... the new IS having a coupe/convertible is more than just a rumour.
ru·mor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rmr)
n.
A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

Antonyms: hard facts, confirmed facts.
Care to elaborate on how it is "more than a rumor?" And no, a Lexus manager is by no means factual information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,689 Posts
Crester said:
I guess you're right. Even if Lexus said it... they can always change their mind. After all... there was a lot of talk about the legendary IS430 which was supposed to take on the M3... and the first generation was also rumoured to have a coupe on the way.

But as far as I know... the new IS having a coupe/convertible is more than just a rumour.

saying something is more than a rumor doesn't do anything but make it a bigger rumor.

I don't come in here much...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this isn't what passes as news around here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,375 Posts
^ s0y's dead? wtf mate? :pissed:
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top