Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my sister in law recently got into an accident and had to have her car fixed, and now there are a bunch of issues that I would really like help on.

1. The driver's window controls ONLY control the driver's window. The other switches don't work. However, each individual door's controls DO work.

2. None of the Auto windows work.

3. In the middle next to the P, there is an exclamation point inside of a triangle, don't know what it means.

4. In the middle above the P, it says Check VSC.

5. The ABS light is on. I am taking it to AutoZone soon to get the code read for that.

6. The little traction picture on the right is on. Pressing the traction button does nothing. I also tried disabling both traction and VSC, but nothing happens.

I'm thinking number 1's problem is all inside the driver's side door. Is there any tutorial to taking apart the door?

I'm going to try disconnecting the battery to fix all the lights. Does that still reset the ECU in this car? My brother says he had that problem in his BMW, and had to take it to the dealer and have the system reset or something. I'm trying to take care of it all myself because the dealer will give me crap that it was in an accident blah blah blah.

Thanks for any help guys, much appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You have to reprogram the windows.

Any time the battery terminal has been disconnected, initialize each door’s power
window after reconnecting the battery terminal.

Applicable .
2006 model year IS 250 and IS 350 vehicles.
Vehicles

Initialization
Procedure
1. Push the engine switch to select the
“IG-ON” mode.
At this time, the driver’s door power
window switch illumination blinks.

NOTE:

When the battery terminal has been
disconnected, each door’s power
window switch illumination blinks.

2. Push the driver’s door power window
switch and lower the window halfway.
Switch Illumination
NOTE:

When the battery terminal has been
disconnected, push each door’s
power window switch and lower the
window halfway.

Lexus Supports ASE Certification
Page 1 of 2

INITIALIZATION OF POWER WINDOW DURING PDS – PD043-05
September 15, 2005

Initialization 3. Pull up the driver’s door power
Procedure

window switch until the window
(Continued)

closes, and hold it for more than
one second.

At this time, the driver’s door power
window switch changes from blinking
to constant illumination.

Check for the proper operation of the
“one-touch open and close” function
by fully pushing the switch “DOWN”
once and fully pulling the switch
“UP” once.
NOTE:

Jam protection function is
enabled through the above
initialization procedure.

Switch Illumination
Completely Closed
Page 2 of 2

Reactions: Ashhong

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I agree with the person above about having your windows programmed...

But un-plugging your battery is not a cure for CEL's. You should always have codes read... or have the situation checked out. Just unplugging a battery due to CEL's is like putting a blanket over a broken leg. It just hides it for a while... it doesn't change the fact that your leg is broken.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That little guide is kind of confusing. Yea, the battery has been disconnected before. So i lower the window halfway on each window, then just close it keep closing for 1 more second?

edit: awesome, that works thanks! now i need to get the codes...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
just run each window all the way down and all the way up with the switch at each door. simple. not on auto, just hold the button.
VSC, the triangle warning all come on with a check engine light. have the Lexus dealer pull the codes and repair. Why would you let autozone touch your car?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Probably because AutoZone reads codes for free. At dealers I thought about visiting... they claimed they'd charge me 1 hour labour just to read the codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts