Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just went to my Lexus Dealership to get my car looked at. I had the check engine light come on last week along with VSC & Trac Off. My reader said it was Misfire in Cylinder 3. I got a new Ignition Coil and Spark plugs and did Cylinders 1, 3, and 5. Did not do the other 3 (2, 4 and 6) because I had to remove the manifold and everything. Did not have time at work.

Everything was working fine until same lights came on (check Engine, VSC, and Trac Off). The Check engine was not blinking, was just steady. I checked my reader and it had the code P2757. I wanted to be on the safe side and asked them to take a look at it more. After almost 2 hours waiting, they said "Yeah it was a Transmission error code. We reset the lights and if it comes back on, you need a new transmission." Spent $135 for that report...?

I am asking you all, maybe you could be of more assistance. I notice the Gear Position is increasing faster than I think it should. Goes all the way up to Gear 6 when I barely hit 45-50?

It is a 2006 Lexus IS250 RWD. 181k miles. Bought it when it was 135k. This is the first time this ever happened to me.

Some say it could be Solenoid, carbon buildup, need a transmission flush, etc. Where should I start?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 is 250 p2737

I have P2737 problem with 2007 IS-250. Lexus dealer gave the same information you mentioned below. Wanted to see if you find any solution?

Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts