Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought/leased the 2006 IS yet? If so, what did you pay and what options did you get?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how Lexus calculates their lease payments? I spoke with a salesman at Lexus and he said that a 36 or 39 month lease on an IS 250 (automatic without navigation) would require monthly payments of $530. That figure includes all taxes. The MSRP for this car with 18” wheels with additional option plus delivery is $32,664. I thought a lease was calculated by subtracting the residual value of the car at the end of the lease from the MSRP. The company then adds the “rental fee” which is calculated based on the MSRP times the money factor times the length of the lease. The total is then divided by the lease term and then taxes are added. Keep in mind the money factor can change based on your credit score.

According to Lexus they expect a residual of 62% on leases lasting 36 months. That means that after 3 years a car that costs $32,664 should be worth $20,251.68. Now with a money factor of 0.0028125 which is about 6.75%, a lease term of 36 months, and sales tax equal to 6% the lease payment should be $461.10. That means they are charging approximately $65 a month as a premium before taxes.

I don’t know if my calculation is wrong or not, I am simply basing it on the calculation used to determine the lease payments for my 2002 IS 300. If anyone knows how the current lease payments are being calculated or if I am missing something please let me know. I see no reason to pay 55% of the cars value over 3 years. That means the car would only have a residual of 45% when Lexus has a residual of 62% at the end of 3 years. The price is insane, considering I just saw a commercial advertising “Sign and Drive” a 2006 RX 330 for $359 a month and an ES 330 for $399 a month.

If you get the impression that I would love to have this car, you’re correct. I enjoy my current lease but unfortunately it expires in 2 months and I wish it wasn’t up until the middle of next year when I think the salesmen at Lexus would be in a more negotiating mood.

I hope this posting was in the right forum. If not I am sorry.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about 770.00 a month for a purchase? is that too high for an IS250?

·
Registered
247 Posts
got an is350 today basic no options only 18s. zero down only first month payment....589 a month including tax...36 months 12k miles a year

·
Registered
170 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
got an is350 today basic no options only 18s. zero down only first month payment....589 a month including tax...36 months 12k miles a year
Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Havn't seen one in socal yet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
speedyj88 said:
Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Havn't seen one in socal yet.
do you think i gota rather good deal? i keep thinking i cud have got such a better deal if i could have knocked a couple grand off the car but thats impossible rite now....wonder if i shud or could have waited lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts