Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sure this has been covered but I didn't find it while searching. Has anyone heard of a manual tranny being offered in the 2006 IS350?

Thanks,

RAL

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
ralittle2 said:
I've sure this has been covered but I didn't find it while searching. Has anyone heard of a manual tranny being offered in the 2006 IS350?

Thanks,

RAL

WOW!

Another 06 IS thread.....

None that is being mentioned so ....just have to wait

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
no manual in the is350.. but that doesn't mean you can't swap one in yourself. practically anything is possible as long you've got the knowledge and funds.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Badman Forever said:
no manual in the is350.. but that doesn't mean you can't swap one in yourself. practically anything is possible as long you've got the knowledge and funds.
And where would this magical trans come from?

Since it is the IS350 and new engine, and trans and platforn?

I am curious on this one :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HoustonLex said:
You couldnt find???

Try this thread... http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=212111

It has about everything you want to know about the IS350

Yes, I am aware that the car is being introduced as an automatic only, but as you might have noticed over the years that manufacturers frequently offer meaningful changes or options that are geared towards a segment of the market shortly after launch.

I'm also realize that the majority of the market wants an automatic, and that's fine. I just will only buy a true manual hence the reason for my question.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ralittle2 said:

Thanks,

RAL

Unless you've been in a coma for 6 months, this sounds like a bait.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
And where would this magical trans come from?

Since it is the IS350 and new engine, and trans and platforn?

I am curious on this one :lol:

i was stating it in general terms. :p
it's just like swapping a 4.6 liter into the new i-s.
it is bound to happen by someone who wants to prove their
point first. it isn't gonna be me though!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timboIS said:
Unless you've been in a coma for 6 months, this sounds like a bait.
Call it bait if you will, but the bait is targeted at Lexus. And once again I will mention that it is not unusual at all for changes to be made.

Were you in a coma when the IS300 was introduced with an automatic initially and then later they offered the 5-speed?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Well it certainly wouldn't be a Getrag 6-sp, my money would be on either the tranny used in the IS250 or the 6-sp in the Tacoma X-Runner. Assuming the factory is offering it. If its aftermarket....then I guess they could use the Getrag, just need to get a bellhousing that fits the new V-6

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yet again, Lexus probably failed to find a sutiable and reliable 6sp tranny that'll be able to handle the 275lbs of torque. Remember the original 2002 IS 5 speed? Same story. But this time I don't know if Lexus would even invest in a new 6sp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.