Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

If we could offer a bolt on turbo kit, with ECU flash tuning, +150HP or so for about $6K. Would there be a demand?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you would need proof on a actual car and dyno first to see any interest
Yeah, not concerned about execution, this is what we do :) It will be a full solution package with brand name parts meant to bolt on by the average Joe in his garage. I am looking for a pulse check on the market if the R&D was put in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't realize it was going to be name brand parts kit put together. I was thinking it was going to be a "Turbokits.com" exclusive kit.
It would be an exclusive kit, but would use parts from the likes of Precision, Turbonetics, TurboSmart, Forge, Etc. It would be our design tho.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nvrmnd...:frown2:
I don't follow? Turbo kit manufacturers typically build their kits around brand name parts. Precision, Turbonetics or Garrett Turbo, Tial or TurboSmart Wastegate, Tial for Forge BOV, Etc. None of these companies makes anything for the IS350 specifically. It is up to us to take those parts, build a piping, fitment, exhuast, intercooler kit to connect to the brand name parts and then get a tuning solution that makes it all work together. Check out the kit we make for the Genesis Coupe V6. Does that make more sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are only looking into the IS350 at this time. Can you send me a screenshot of your ECU label with the ECU # on it? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder if this post is still being monitored. I am intrested as a proud owner of a 2010 IS350. Is a test vehicle needed? I would be happy to provide the platform.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't follow? Turbo kit manufacturers typically build their kits around brand name parts. Precision, Turbonetics or Garrett Turbo, Tial or TurboSmart Wastegate, Tial for Forge BOV, Etc. None of these companies makes anything for the IS350 specifically. It is up to us to take those parts, build a piping, fitment, exhuast, intercooler kit to connect to the brand name parts and then get a tuning solution that makes it all work together. Check out the kit we make for the Genesis Coupe V6. Does that make more sense?
It made perfect sense to me are you guys still working on this I will love to use my car as a Guinea pig 😁

1 - 17 of 17 Posts