Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey IS community!
I just want to know if there are any problems with early model IS350’s? Specifically 2006-2007 models. Since I always hear about early models having the most problems in most cases, I just want to know if those years are still as good as any other model years. I am currently looking at 2 2006 lexus is350’s in my area in Northern Cali and as I was doing research on other threads like ClubLexus, I learn that water pumps like to go out and timing covers go out on some. Lastly, I was looking at the service history for one of those Lexus’s on MyLexus and I see that the oil pan and transmission pan is leaking.
In short, I just want to know if 2006 and 2007 lexus is350 models can have severe engine problems and if I should just look for 2008 and above model years.
Thanks y’all.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
No real engine issues. The stuff you mention is usually maintenance issues. People tend to drive till something breaks. Instead of doing the mileage maintenance.

The direct injection models that came out first have some issues. But that is in later years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No real engine issues. The stuff you mention is usually maintenance issues. People tend to drive till something breaks. Instead of doing the mileage maintenance.

The direct injection models that came out first have some issues. But that is in later years.
Do you know if timing cover leaks are likely to happen on 06-07 model years?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 07 350 that I changed the trans filter and fluid (all 13 quarts) and I had a heck of a time getting the pan to not leak. It has 12 bolts and should not leak very easy but I ended using aviation fuel tank sealer to finally get it to seal.
Hope I never need to take it off again cuz it will warp prying through the fuel tank sealer.

There is a long process to check the fluid level and they don't want it run low.
Lex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts