Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Toyota / Lexus owners In an on going effort to improve the quality of our automobiles we at Toyota have decided to come to you, the consumers to hear what you would like to see in the model year of 2005. We at Toyota Motor corp will take all of your comments and suggestions to the design board and see if any of these ideas would be a step in the right direction. So I call out for you to leave feedback in the right direction for all of us to enjoy the 05 model. I welcome any suggestion and comment, please keep the requests in reach, 450 horse and a v8 will not happen. We at Toyota have been reading this board for many months now in an on going effort to improve the car. So at this point I leave off, I will post in and out and advise of updates.

Thank you
M.K Lee

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wanna suggest improving the amount of horsepower for the 2005 model. It seems that the newer cars are all equipped with a much higher horsepower than the previous years leaving current IS300 owners way behind. If you can boost or redesign the engine to a much more respectable level (275-300 hp), then it would be more competitive too with other similar sports sedans rather than just providing owners with the Lexus quality and comfort.

Curtis

·
Registered
498 Posts
^^^ i second that... you might want to add more luxury parts to the car. maybe a memory seat standard, stronger engine, and six speed option.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Possibly a coupe???? :D

1. Memory seats/steering wheel
2. More power (275ish would be nice)
3. Another Inline six if possible(as opposed to V6)
4. Six speed manual option
5. Don't change the styling too much
6. Clear fog lights
7. Drop some weight somehow?? :-?

That's all I got. :D :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thank you lexus

well i would like to thanks for this opportunity for us consumer to give our thoughs about up coming new models.

I would like to see:

MORE HORSEPOWER 250 PLUS
v6 RATHER THAN INLINE
MAKE LITTLE BIGGER INSIDE
6 SPEED MANUAL & AUTO
DO NOT CHANGE THE CURRENT BODY STYLE, OTHERWISE I WILL CRY
ALL LEATHER RATHER THAN THAT SHITTIE CLOTHES
NAVIGATION SYSTEM, STANDAR RATHER THAN OPTION.

·
Registered
464 Posts
- Black Headlight Housings (like ones i saw on an RX300)

- E-shift on the shifter rather than on the wheel (shift and turn @ same
time 8) )...i think this was a big flaw as it made the superior handling
and e-shift technology harder to use together

- More HP (sorry had to say it again)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Suggestions

If this is real, some things I'd like to see considered (although wouldn't it be too late for a car debuting in spring 2004?):

1. SMG-like transmission option
2. Memory seats
3. 300+ HP :lol:
4. THUD less shifting
5. Active suspension
6. Folding/split rear seats
7. Gauge cluster redesign (maybe integrate TFT screen?)
8. Projection headlights
9. MADE IN JAPAN w/ strict tolerance

·
Registered
831 Posts
well if this is really somebody from toyota....

1. Drop that design for the 2005 Altezza/IS. IT LOOKS LIKE A COROLLA AND I CAN'T IMAGINE WHO WOULD LIKE THAT OVER THE CURRENT BODY.

2. Memory Seats

3. Leather Standard

4. This may sound stupid but I would like for the back seat to be able to fold down so I could get a teeny bit of utility out of my car for when I go snowboarding.

5. DO NOT put a V6 in that car :(

6. Try to offer some aftermarket, dealer installed parts like Toyota is currently doing with the Scion/Vitz. That would be really nice as we all like keeping our warranties :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
well it looks like people are taking this seriously so here is my input......

1) more horsepower(270-300)!!!
2) 6 speed!!!!
3) memory seats
4) fold down rear seats
5) more durible paint!!
6) leave the body design!!
7) ALL windows auto up/down
8) air cond. seats
9) NO V6!!!!
AND
10) if it is possible to keep the same qualitly, MADE IN THE USA!!! keep our money here!!

**EDIT** P.S. PROVE TO US THAT YOU ARE FOR REAL!!!!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
i like to see a 4 cylinder engine that gets 35 mpg and fwd since it is more predictable than rwd. I'd also like to see a starting price of $19,995.

this thread is a joke
:roll:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Toyota/Lexus.corp said:
Hello Toyota / Lexus owners In an on going effort to improve the quality of our automobiles we at Toyota have decided to come to you, the consumers to hear what you would like to see in the model year of 2005. We at Toyota Motor corp will take all of your comments and suggestions to the design board and see if any of these ideas would be a step in the right direction. So I call out for you to leave feedback in the right direction for all of us to enjoy the 05 model. I welcome any suggestion and comment, please keep the requests in reach, 450 horse and a v8 will not happen. We at Toyota have been reading this board for many months now in an on going effort to improve the car. So at this point I leave off, I will post in and out and advise of updates.

Thank you
M.K Lee
Are you really from the lexus corp? :eek: :D If you are here's the lists on what you should do to the IS line:

- Keep the 2JZ-GE may be up the displacement to squeze more hp and tq out of it
- LSD has to be available for the next generation IS
- Use the thicker MK-IV Supra rod instead the current (thinner) rod because thicker rod = safer/better for boost. you can see the comparison in here: http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13345834&highlight=rod
- Replace the current W55 crappy transmission along with its rear end with either R154 (from JDM MK-III Supra) or, preferebly, V160 6-speed Getrag transmission from MK-IV Supra TT
- There are some people having brake failure on their IS (click here to read the thread: http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13335511&highlight=brake+failure ), you might want to replace the current brake with Supra TT MK-IV brake
- Replace the 17x7 wheels with stagger 18x8 (F) and 18x9 (R) set up or at least with 17x7.5 all around

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Even if this guy's really from Lexus, and not Soybomb in disguise, it's doubtful we'd have much input at this point, the car must be close to finalized, at less than a year away. Probably a 240 hp 3.3L V6, with performance less sporty and more luxurious, and a look more generic and less boy racer, that's my guess.

·
13,978 Posts
Re: Thank you lexus

miguelfig said:
well i would like to thanks for this opportunity for us consumer to give our thoughs about up coming new models.

I would like to see:

MORE HORSEPOWER 250 PLUS
v6 RATHER THAN INLINE
MAKE LITTLE BIGGER INSIDE
6 SPEED MANUAL & AUTO
DO NOT CHANGE THE CURRENT BODY STYLE, OTHERWISE I WILL CRY
ALL LEATHER RATHER THAN THAT SHITTIE CLOTHES
NAVIGATION SYSTEM, STANDAR RATHER THAN OPTION.
1: DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY!
2: he complains ALL the time.
2: he shouldn't even be allowed to have a license.
4: this thread has SARS!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
1. I-6 with more hp.
2. Better tranny, 5 or 6 speed.
3. Auto all windows
4. Memory seats

1 - 20 of 79 Posts