Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my lease is up in March of next year, and I was in the dealership yesterday for service, I thought I would ask my salesman what he's heard about the '05.

Basically nothing, he claims. He said Lexus keeps information very close to the vest, and he said that they will hear more in the June to August time frame. He said the biggest rumor is AWD. I asked him about HP increases, and he hadn't heard anything.

He told me to come in around august to look at a new lease. He claims Lexus will roll over the lease at no cost just to get you into another lease. SInce I always lease and have been told this before, I tend not to beleive it since it has never happened.

He also told me that the absolute best time to get a Lexus is during the December to Remember Sale. Best pricing of the year according to him. He told me the dealership sold 83 cars in December.

·
Registered
118 Posts
When i went to my dealership for servicing i got a similar response, but she said rumor was it would have a 6-speed option. Its safe to say we probably wont know anything about it until right around the time of realease, toyota has always been hush-hush about new realeases.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
my dealership said in their computer system that a 2DR coupe has popped up....thats what they said...seriously! :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
flightz71 said:
my dealer said 's gonna be a quad turbo 1000 hp v10 monster :roll:
Oh, okay. Thought it was going to be only 500 hp. :lol:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
once is enough :roll: !!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
is300

MY DEALER SAID THE NEW IS300 WILL BE A FLYING CAR....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well folks, they unveiled the '05 GS, and here's the link to the info about it (sorry, can't find a pic):

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/m...story/01-06-2004/0002083877&EDATE=Jan+6,+2004

I think its safe to assume that the 245hp V6 (displacement wasn't specified, but its probably that same 3.3 liter) will find its way into the next IS, and maybe those AWD and 6 speed ideas aren't so far off after all. So much for closin the gap in horsepower on Infiniti or Acura tho. And personally I always liked how Toyota/Lexus, for the most part, made engines who's torque was higher in ft-lb than the horsepower...you could feel it off the line and at normal speeds...not sure why they tuned this V6 the opposite way.

·
Registered
602 Posts
GGP_of_HB said:
Well folks, they unveiled the '05 GS, and here's the link to the info about it (sorry, can't find a pic):

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/m...story/01-06-2004/0002083877&EDATE=Jan+6,+2004
The Offical Press Release (WITH PICTURES!) is here:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=2006gs_r

The car has been cleaned up quite a bit since the first concept pics we saw.

I think its safe to assume that the 245hp V6 (displacement wasn't specified, but its probably that same 3.3 liter) will find its way into the next IS, and maybe those AWD and 6 speed ideas aren't so far off after all. So much for closin the gap in horsepower on Infiniti or Acura tho. And personally I always liked how Toyota/Lexus, for the most part, made engines who's torque was higher in ft-lb than the horsepower...you could feel it off the line and at normal speeds...not sure why they tuned this V6 the opposite way.
IT'S NOT THE 3.3L V6!! 8)

It's the 3.0L Direct-Injection Dual VVT-i V6 in the new Toyota Crown. 245 HP, 228 TQ, with 6-speed sequential automatic. Both the 3rd Gen GS300 and GS430 are faster with better fuel economy than the current 2nd generation GS. The only other Toyota with Dual VVT-i is the RS200 Altezza...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hahaha, thanks for the help Rattus...btw, when you say "sequential automatic," do you mean its the same type of manumatic that we have in the IS, or is it a true SMT like in the MR2 Spyder?

·
Registered
602 Posts
GGP_of_HB said:
Hahaha, thanks for the help Rattus...btw, when you say "sequential automatic," do you mean its the same type of manumatic that we have in the IS, or is it a true SMT like in the MR2 Spyder?
No prob GGP. It's the same type as the one we have in our IS 300's. The complete press release and details are also in another thread on this forum. So other people actually beat me to the punch by quite a bit. :)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
ok..so ill start assembling my monster GTE twincharger..and swap it into the 05 when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
my dealership says its gonna have James Bond type toys and gadgets!
its got everything you need...even a sink! :D :cry: :boring:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts