Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did all the 2005 come with the dark crome headlights? and has anyone priced these yet? thinking about going with the 2005 insted of paining the older ones.

-Brett

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
IMO

Would be easier and better on the wallet to paint man, heads from a dealer none the less is robbery

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeha i already have painted one i just like the look of the factory dark chrome and it matches the factory tails.

anyone know how much there going for?

-Brett

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like them but i would rater spend the money and get the 2005's because if i went with the SD i would have to get the tails to match too

-Brett

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
mikkellucci said:
nline6-
What about the 03 SportDesign headlamps from this guy:
L I N K
thanks for the link ;)

how about you buy my 2004-5 headlamps with ballasts/bulbs that i just installed this summer if you don't want the SDs. $1k mint condition!

The housings new cost around 750

·
Registered
289 Posts
why dont you just paint the tails also, matte black housings looks good IMO

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chado said:
thanks for the link ;)

how about you buy my 2004-5 headlamps with ballasts/bulbs that i just installed this summer if you don't want the SDs. $1k mint condition!

The housings new cost around 750
1k is kinda step seeing i already have 2set of ballasts/bulbs so why spend the extra money if i can get the housings for 750?

and is 750 retail or cost because i can get body shop cst which is i think 20-30% off

-Brett

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
^^^ not sure if you can just get the housing.....the headlight assy comes with the ballast in it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gray Rider said:
^^^ not sure if you can just get the housing.....the headlight assy comes with the ballast in it.
i know for a fact you can get just the headlight housing for 2001-2004 dont know about the 2005's, ill try and call tomorrow and get a price thru my friends body shop.

-Brett

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
There are bare housings going on ebay for under $400 shipped. They are 2003 housings from what I can determine. You might want to contact the seller to see if he has the newer dark ones. Let us know what he says, because im looking for a reason to get rid of my sandblasted originals =].

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Nline6 said:
1k is kinda step seeing i already have 2set of ballasts/bulbs so why spend the extra money if i can get the housings for 750?

and is 750 retail or cost because i can get body shop cst which is i think 20-30% off

-Brett
i'm just making an offer, don't feel like swapping out the parts if i sell them. makes everything easier, and it's still cheaper you just sell your parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts