Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i've heard it's really hard to make a good deal when buying a luxury cars.

i've read some posts here saying that most of people had to pay MSRP when they bought brand new IS300 back in 2001.

i would like to know how this works out now days, are they still expecting us to pay MSRP or are they willing to go down like other brands...
((my bro & i went to the Acura dealer last year and bought his brand new Acura RSX below the MSRP in April,2002))

please advise~

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
I bought my '03 sportdesign back in June for well under MSRP... very close to invoice. (Couldn't get invoice because I wanted a car with nav, which aren't very common).

The '04s just came out so don't expect a great deal on them... the summer months right before the new models come out are the best tinme to get good deals. You should be able to get a great price on an '03 right now, and thereweren't any huge changes in the models.

·
11,054 Posts
I bought my '01 in the summer of 2000...and didn't pay full price. I didn't get a HUGE break, but I didn't pay sticker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my '04 in Sept for < $1000 over invoice. It's really dealer dependent...depends on local demand, too.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Obsidian_04 said:
Got my '04 in Sept for < $1000 over invoice. It's really dealer dependent...depends on local demand, too.
And the car loadout... if you get a car with nav don't expect to get as good a deal as a car with base options.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It also depends on if you're willing to buy one that's already on the lot. The longer a car has been on the lot the more likely a dealer will be willing to lower the price. If the dealer has to go out and find the exact color and options you want it's going to cost you more.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
bought mine out of door at 32g exactly bought it around fall-winter :D enjoy

remember this say u want 32g out of door and of course dey gonna reject it and say aitte f*** this(i cussed u dont need 2) i can buy a nicer mercedes and i left and he got my # before i went into my car and later he called from 37g to 35g i said no and finally after 2 days i got it for 32g :D

show dem whoz boss! :DD

·
Registered
33 Posts
waapples said:
hi all,

i've heard it's really hard to make a good deal when buying a luxury cars.

i've read some posts here saying that most of people had to pay MSRP when they bought brand new IS300 back in 2001.

i would like to know how this works out now days, are they still expecting us to pay MSRP or are they willing to go down like other brands...
((my bro & i went to the Acura dealer last year and bought his brand new Acura RSX below the MSRP in April,2002))

please advise~
I paid $29,900. MSRP was $34,629

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.