Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i've heard it's really hard to make a good deal when buying a luxury cars.

i've read some posts here saying that most of people had to pay MSRP when they bought brand new IS300 back in 2001.

i would like to know how this works out now days, are they still expecting us to pay MSRP or are they willing to go down like other brands...
((my bro & i went to the Acura dealer last year and bought his brand new Acura RSX below the MSRP in April,2002))

please advise~

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wouldn't pay msrp ever thats just insane... and realize when you buy a 2004 model in 2003, by the ends of the year you will have a higher mileage car. Putting that aside you pay MSRP and depreciation will be that much worse. Try to get as close to invoice as possible and don't be fooled into thinking MSRP. I didn't get the car yet. I went to test drive it, and since they have so few options chances are the exact car you want is sitting at the lot and probably many of them.... so that kind of situation doesn't warrant MSRP.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's hard to get a big discount on anything that sells well. The IS300 is the slowest seller among luxury sports sedans (ie 330i, G35, A4 3.0, etc) so expect good discounts.

Times change, today's IS buyers don't pay msrp. You should easily get at least a $700 discount off msrp on a 04. If you can still find an 03, you can easily get it for $400 over invoice (probably $3500 off msrp). Note that those aren't the best possible deals, just deals you should get w/o much trouble.

·
Registered
237 Posts
As long as you do your research ahead of time, you will get a good deal on any car. For example, price the car with the exact options you are looking for on carsdirect.com. You will see that the CarsDirect Price for a 2004 IS300 is somewhere like $1,000 above invoice ($2,000+ off MSRP). Take that into your dealership and talk with the Internet Sales Manager. Try to talk them below that price first, but if they don't budge then show them the online price and they are sure to match that price. That's what I had done back in June 2003, and I was able to get my car for $500 below invoice! :) Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered my 2004 IS 300 in Absolute Red with Ivory Leather Value pack for $500 over invoice. Currently the car is only being built with black leather, so I will likely have to wait 3-4 months, but I am patient.

·
Registered
305 Posts
During the winter time is the best time to buy a car b/c many dealers are have specials on their new 2004s but if you really don't mind about the year you can get a 2003 brand new really cheap. Also go to several dealers to compare the prices but usually dealers sell cars under MSRP, at least to the ones I have been too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got my 04 IS300 last week for 32,800. That is with nav and graphite wheels. That was tax and all included. Not sure if how good of a deal that is, but I'm happy with it. Just have to be willing to haggle with them and walk out the door. They hate when you do that. :lol:

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I PAID UNDER 30

Just bought a 2004 in the impossible to find, new for 2004 Bluestone Metallic color, 5 speed stick, Alcantra seats, Graphite wheels, No Nav, but has spoiler and we paid $500 over invoice price. Without tax or licensing, the price should be under 30 grand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also bought a 04' Bluestone IS a week ago. It an E-shift, full leather, spoiler, cargo mat for $500 over invoice. the Invoice price was $29,4XX. bought the car for about 30k w/ out tax and licensing when MSRP was about $33,5XX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: I PAID UNDER 30

YellowIS300 said:
Just bought a 2004 in the impossible to find, new for 2004 Bluestone Metallic color, 5 speed stick, Alcantra seats, Graphite wheels, No Nav, but has spoiler and we paid $500 over invoice price. Without tax or licensing, the price should be under 30 grand.
hehe I picked mine up in Nov with the same options.

I got it for 32 OTD

·
Registered
316 Posts
has ne one got a 2004 nav? they said they didnt make ne for all of april n btw i got my IS for $32,100 out the door

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You guys are lucky. Those of us who bought the first 2001's generally paid MSRP. And MSRP on the 2001's was actually higher than on the 2004s...

At least I have had the chance to enjoy the car these past few years.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I got my 04 E-Shift MSM VK Package back in September 2003 (right when the 04's just came out) $32 out the door from Longo. No other dealership (Crown, Riverside & etc.) was able to touch that price at the time I got it. Now I have 13k on my 5 month old 2004. :D

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
waapples said:
hi all,

i've heard it's really hard to make a good deal when buying a luxury cars.

i've read some posts here saying that most of people had to pay MSRP when they bought brand new IS300 back in 2001.

i would like to know how this works out now days, are they still expecting us to pay MSRP or are they willing to go down like other brands...
((my bro & i went to the Acura dealer last year and bought his brand new Acura RSX below the MSRP in April,2002))

please advise~
Got a 2004 w/ stick graphite rims & spoiler for 29400 before tax & license, little over 31 OTD. Thats about 500 over invoice. Fair for the dealers fair for you. Dont let them talk u into going higher unless you get more options. Old known fact if you buy @ the end of the month you get the best deal cuz they want to make quotas & the highest seller for the month gets a bonus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.