Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little research. Here's what I came up with.

IS300

Engine
3.0-liter, twin-cam, 24-valve in-line 6 engine

Horsepower
215 hp @ 5,800 rpm

Torque
218 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm

Infiniti FX45

Engine
4.5-liter 32-valve V8

Horsepower
315 hp @ 6,400 RPM

Torque
329 lb-ft @ 4,000 RPM

Well, I made up my mind. The IS300 with SRT intake, HKS Hiper exhaust and headers still didnt rock my world in speed. The mods got old, the interior was too stuffy, and this car just wasnt attractive to me anymore.

The FX45 has everything I want - speed, luxury, handling, 20 inch rims, and lots of space! :wink:

Oh well, it was hard selling my Lex - but I just had this sudden attraction to the FX, and now im in love :roll:

Ive learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for everything.

Peace, Nick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LexusLife said:
Did a little research. Here's what I came up with.

IS300

Engine
3.0-liter, twin-cam, 24-valve in-line 6 engine

Horsepower
215 hp @ 5,800 rpm

Torque
218 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm

Infiniti FX45

Engine
4.5-liter 32-valve V8

Horsepower
315 hp @ 6,400 RPM

Torque
329 lb-ft @ 4,000 RPM

Well, I made up my mind. The IS300 with SRT intake, HKS Hiper exhaust and headers still didnt rock my world in speed. The mods got old, the interior was too stuffy, and this car just wasnt attractive to me anymore.

The FX45 has everything I want - speed, luxury, handling, 20 inch rims, and lots of space! :wink:

Oh well, it was hard selling my Lex - but I just had this sudden attraction to the FX, and now im in love :roll:

Ive learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for everything.

Peace, Nick.
You forgot to add this to your comparison chart:

IS300

MSRP
$30,805 (eshift)

FX45

MSRP
$44,375

·
Registered
888 Posts
how can you compare the IS to the FX45? It's like saying a Auston Martin is faster than a Toyota Pirus.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
LexusLife
i'd have to agree with you on this one. i wouldnt go as far as FX45, for me FX35 is just perfect. if i knew that FX will come out i would have waited and not lease my IS300 but i did so now i'm stuck with it(dont get me wrong i love the car). i still get to rock my gf's FX35 since she got it 1st week it came out :p
for me the attraction to this concept started when Audi showed its Steepenwoolf. but it never came out :cry: . 2 years later FX showed up but after i got my lex. :pissed:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
you sold your '04 IS?!?! Talk about a great use of money. How much did you lose in the 2?? months you owned it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
How do you compare cars way out of price range?
I think you can ONLY do that if hte lower price range is "winning". IE I am comparing an accord v6 with an is300, because both are fun to drive -but they're not in the same price range nor car type!

Infiniti fX35 looks cool.
-ELmO

·
2,360 Posts
I drove the FX before I drove the IS. I disagree about having more space. To me, the FX felt really cramped inside with that mamoth center console and the tiny rear window. I couldn't see out the back because the headrest on the rear seat were blocking the window.

Yeah, the FX is def faster and the rims are cool. I really wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me.

Good luck with your new ride. Let us know in a few months if you're still happy with it.

Peace,
Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.