Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy an IS300 within a month and need some advice. As for pricing on the 2004 models, is it possible to get close to invoice? And for those who have an IS300, what are the must have options on this car?

So far I'm thinking of getting the following:
Graphite Gray Pearl w/E-Shift Automatic Transmission
Value Package w/Leather Trim Interior
Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats
Limited-Slip Differential
VV Vehicle Skid Control <--- Is this necessary??

On Edmunds, the invoice is $30,267, so what can I expect to pay?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered my IS 300 on Dec 1 and paid $500 over invoice. I think it can be had for a few hundred cheaper in markets like Los Angeles. I was told by the salesman to expect a price increase after Jan 1. It will take 3-4 months for my car to be built.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomskilv said:
It will take 3-4 months for my car to be built.
Thanks for the info. and congrats on your new purchase but why would it take so long for your car to be built? I thought lexus was based on allocation mostly and not custom orders? Even if it was custom ordered, 2-3 months would sound a lot better. Seems kind of long with all the fresh 2004s on the lot. What options did you get?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When did dealerships first start selling 2004 IS300s? What options did you guys get to have it special ordered?

·
Registered
172 Posts
you can get it special ordered with anything you want as long as your dealer is not getting in exactly what you want in the next 2 months.

2004s started selling in Sept or Oct I believe. I ordered mine at the end of Oct.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only option I ordered was Leather VP. It retails for about $1400. But I ordered Ivory leather. Currently Lexus is only building the red car with black leather seats. So that is why it might take 3-4 months. Tom

wrongway said:
tomskilv said:
It will take 3-4 months for my car to be built.
Thanks for the info. and congrats on your new purchase but why would it take so long for your car to be built? I thought lexus was based on allocation mostly and not custom orders? Even if it was custom ordered, 2-3 months would sound a lot better. Seems kind of long with all the fresh 2004s on the lot. What options did you get?

·
Registered
14 Posts
wrongway said:
I am looking to buy an IS300 within a month and need some advice. As for pricing on the 2004 models, is it possible to get close to invoice? And for those who have an IS300, what are the must have options on this car?

So far I'm thinking of getting the following:
Graphite Gray Pearl w/E-Shift Automatic Transmission
Value Package w/Leather Trim Interior
Rear Spoiler
Heated Front Seats
Limited-Slip Differential
VV Vehicle Skid Control <--- Is this necessary??

On Edmunds, the invoice is $30,267, so what can I expect to pay?
I basically just got the same car as you, but without the heated front seats and LSD. Invoice is something like $29,700 and I got it for $29,500.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigslick said:
I basically just got the same car as you, but without the heated front seats and LSD. Invoice is something like $29,700 and I got it for $29,500.
Where are you located and what month of the year did you purchase your car? That's a really nice deal if you got it for $200 below invoice.

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
wrongway said:
bigslick said:
Where are you located and what month of the year did you purchase your car? That's a really nice deal if you got it for $200 below invoice.
Hey this guy with the $200 below invoice is whack. And the invoice he listed is wrong, wrong, wrong. I have the invoice to that very car in front of me, and lets just say Edmunds is a good resource. If you can get that car for invoice you are doing pretty well. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
yeah thats how much my dealer would want for the same vehicle. I went in to try to talk them down some more and they wouldn't budge...bastards...they know they're the only dealer in the area and they also know that I can't import a car in from out of state. BASTARDS! ohh well...i want the car... :pissed:

·
Registered
221 Posts
My dealer wanted 35500 from a sticker 36500. I sat there with the salesguy for about an hour and we reached 32000, which was a good deal at the time, but still not content with the offer, I left. Went home, received 2 messages that weekend, went back on a Tuesday and picked it up for 32188, $188 difference, yeah but the service was great so...it was worth the 3 hour or so deal.

I suggest waiting......they usually will give you a call within the same day or the next. IS300s aren't Camrys or Accords, they dont have the demand as those two models, therefore selling one would be much more difficult, Camrys sell themselves!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My dealer doesn't hafve my phone number (stupid me, should have asked them to clal me if they get a better deal). Of course, they should have given it to me if they weren't really thinking they could sell the car to someone else..

I'm still at 33.9K fully loaded. I can drop nav and get down to 32.3K. I may do that, but is the lexus nav better than a dvd/gps combo for 1.5K aftermarket?

-ELmO

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 2003 navigation on the IS300 was not touch screen like on the ES and higher end Lexus vehicles. One of the main reasons why they're not common on IS models. The navigation on the ES rocks. Large display with touch screen, no wonder they're so popular in those cars. There isn't any 2004 IS with navigation in my area so I don't know if they've upgrade it to touchscreen. It would be very nice if it was.

If you know the name of the sales person, call him up and negotiate over the phone, if he doesn't go lower, I suggest going to another dealer. If he's willing to work with you, leave your contact info. Make sure the person you're dealing with is aware that you're shopping around, not just for an IS300 but other manufacturers as well. It will give you an edge since they won't want to lose your business to the Honda dealership down the street.

·
Registered
14 Posts
darthvader said:
wrongway said:
bigslick said:
Hey this guy with the $200 below invoice is whack. And the invoice he listed is wrong, wrong, wrong. I have the invoice to that very car in front of me, and lets just say Edmunds is a good resource. If you can get that car for invoice you are doing pretty well. :D
DarthVader,

I don't want to make you look stupid. So please take a look at the numbers below and, if you still think I'm 'whack', do exactly as I say on Edmunds: select an '04 E-shift, check off VP package, spoiler, and Graphite wheels on options, and then hit TMV pricing report. The invoice is $29,643. I got this car for $29,500 on the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a Lexus dealer in Southern California. $143 below invoice (wow, a $57 difference from what I said earlier)

2004 Lexus IS 300
E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
MSRP Invoice TMV value
National Base Price $30,805 $27,108 $29,112
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - -$162
Optional Equipment $2,305 $1,990 $2,147
VP Value Package w/Leather Trim Interior
$1,465 $1,318 $1,391
RF Rear Spoiler $440 $352 $396
AL 5-Spoke 17" Graphite Polished Alloy Wheels
$400 $320 $360
Color Adjustment
Graphite Gray Pearl - - $17
Destination Charge $545 $545 $545
Total with Options $33,655 $29,643 $31,659

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
bigslick said:
darthvader said:
wrongway said:
bigslick said:
DarthVader,

I don't want to make you look stupid. So please take a look at the numbers below and, if you still think I'm 'whack', do exactly as I say on Edmunds: select an '04 E-shift, check off VP package, spoiler, and Graphite wheels on options, and then hit TMV pricing report. The invoice is $29,643. I got this car for $29,500 on the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a Lexus dealer in Southern California. $143 below invoice (wow, a $57 difference from what I said earlier)

2004 Lexus IS 300
E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
MSRP Invoice TMV value
National Base Price $30,805 $27,108 $29,112
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - -$162
Optional Equipment $2,305 $1,990 $2,147
VP Value Package w/Leather Trim Interior
$1,465 $1,318 $1,391
RF Rear Spoiler $440 $352 $396
AL 5-Spoke 17" Graphite Polished Alloy Wheels
$400 $320 $360
Color Adjustment
Graphite Gray Pearl - - $17
Destination Charge $545 $545 $545
Total with Options $33,655 $29,643 $31,659

What did you pay OTD?

Im in cali too just wandering was the out the door price.

Thomas

1 - 20 of 39 Posts