Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm planning to buy an IS300 after driving and looking into a whole bunch of cars. But everyone is telling me, correctly I think, that it doesn't make sense to buy one this time of year, that I should wait until the 2004s come out and either buy one of those or a used one for less than the price is now (esp. cuz the 2001 IS will be coming off three year leases, adding greatly to supply of used ones). So, when is the 2004 coming out? BTW, I really like the looks of the wagon, so if you live somewhere in the DC vicinity and know someone who needs to unload one...

Thanks! :D

·
8,880 Posts
With 2004 models just around the corner (sept?) dealers would be more inclined to sell their 2003 stock. Often, there are factory incetives. I got my 2003 IS in April and used promotional 3.9% financing.

You can negotiate a price just around invoice. Keep an eye on the dealership you plan on getting your IS from. If they have the exact IS you want on the lot, it will be easier to bargain than if you were to order one.

If you plan on getting 2003 model when 2004 arrives, there won't be many left.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
if you plan on hooking the 2004 up, then it will take a loooonnnnggg time before any aftermarket parts come out. new engine, body, & tranny probably. scoop up an 03, its the car that got you hooked on buying an is300 in the first place.

·
8,880 Posts
fuct said:
... the 2004 up... new engine, body, & tranny probably...
:-? :-? :-?
There is no word on that. :roll:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
your right we don't have any exact specs or even a damn picture of the next IS300, but it sure is fun to pretend.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
More than likely, the 2004 IS will be just like the 2003 except for some changes in the available exterior colors. It seems that the IS won't be redesigned until the 2005 model year.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't know why everyone is anticipating this new IS to come out ?
For what ?
The current IS is beatiful, it may lack horse power and interior dynamics, but all in all it's a great car.

Think about it, all these new generations Beemers, and Acura's are fugly !
All these companies coming out with these stupid body designs!
I'd rather keep the IS the same, then see it go through a face lift.

:chill:

·
Registered
118 Posts
If i were you, I would get the 2003 ,, there wont be any major changes in the car,, the only difference basically is that youll be able to tell that you have a 2004 before the actual 2004 year,, :chill:

·
Registered
831 Posts
well if the rumors I'm hearing are true I would go get a 2003. I am getting really pissed off with Toyota being so damn secretive about the 2004 IS. I swear to god I am going to get mega pissed if they release the 2004 IS and it looks like a god damn corolla.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
nvm....i just went to motorttrends website and they said new for 2005 is redesigned i dont think coupes coming in 2004 :pissed:

·
Registered
583 Posts
UGH but a coupe would be SOOOOoOoOOOoOOOoOOo swt. If there's any rumor I believe, it has to be the coupe comin out soon. BMW 330ci..Mercedes-Benz c320 coupe...Infiniti G35 coupe...IS300 would be AWESOME if it became a coupe..I'm gonna be waiting : )

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
i'll make a bet to anyone that the major change won't come till 08'~up... :chill:

·
Registered
118 Posts
ok heres the deal, where are our cars made? Japan,, so if there is nothing new in japan then nothing will be new here for 2004, theres no news of an Altezza remodelling yet, dont expect any changes in 2004 except maybe a heated cup holder :crazy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts