Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to the dealer today (for service) and checked out the 2004 IS while I was waiting. Ah... all the minor improvements make the car a better overall package. I *sort of* wished I had waited (but not that much, given how much fun I had with my car during the last year and change). I'm not going to name all of the differences, as many of you know them better than I do. For some reason, the little things that Lexus did make the car feel more... solidly constructed.

Asked the really nice salesperson whether he knew of any rumors on the upcoming IS, and he said that he probably didn't know more than the average car enthusiast. He did venture to guess, though, that the all new GS to debut soon will have a bigger displacement 6 (didn't know whether it was going to be in-line, but said the dispalcement should be around 3.5 liters) and V-8 (anywhere from 4.5 to 5.0 liters).

A 5.0 liter V-8 would be great. NA power, baby! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I turned in my '01 and there are a lot of little things I like a lot better on the ’04. But I have to say two things stand out the most. First the car is ALOT quieter.. I mean ALOT.... Second the steering is looser and not as tight as my ’01 which I do like better over my ‘04. But in time I will forget how tight it was and think my ’04 feels the same because I almost have.

I do love the MT and it being my first.

Now waiting till summer to install my Tanabe GF210 springs on Tokico blues along with my Hotchiks sways....

^^ can't wait for that....

·
Registered
670 Posts
gobears said:
Asked the really nice salesperson whether he knew of any rumors on the upcoming IS, and he said that he probably didn't know more than the average car enthusiast. He did venture to guess, though, that the all new GS to debut soon will have a bigger displacement 6 (didn't know whether it was going to be in-line, but said the dispalcement should be around 3.5 liters) and V-8 (anywhere from 4.5 to 5.0 liters).

A 5.0 liter V-8 would be great. NA power, baby! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
It will be GS 350 and GS 5 (or GS 500, which is 5.0 liter)...... for an IS, it will be IS 350 as well......

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
perfektrtw said:
wrongway said:
The changes for the '04 IS300 that I remembered was driver memory seating with 2 settings and a compass on the rearview mirror. There is 1 or 2 more but I don't remember.
My '03 has the compass, so I don't think thats a 04 thing. 8)
'02 has a compass also. '01 mo fo's missed out

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mine is 02 and has compass on the rear view mirror.. as long as you dont have a nav. you should have one... i think...
perfektrtw said:
wrongway said:
The changes for the '04 IS300 that I remembered was driver memory seating with 2 settings and a compass on the rearview mirror. There is 1 or 2 more but I don't remember.
My '03 has the compass, so I don't think thats a 04 thing. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.