Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this board, and was wondering if anybody has a current 2004 5spd with Nav. I am loooking to get one as a graduation present for myself when I get out in 7 mos. It seems when I try and build one on lexus's website it doesn't seem to include the option even though they are pics of it on the website. Anyways thanks for helping.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
- go to the dealer, drop some loot, and you will def. get what you want

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
T Man said:
Just hope you don't have to wait six months for yours like I did. :-?

- I had to wait 4 months for my car... (no nav though)

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you are serious about getting a car with nav, and the exact configuration you want you may need to preference order it. Not sure what interior/exterior colors you want. But nav with 5 speed is rare as it is. My car took 4 1/2 months from the day I put the order in to arrive. Your best bet is to go to the dealership and inquire about the configuration you want. That will at least give you an idea if you will need to preference order or if that configuration is commonly built.

Good luck.

·
8,852 Posts
Rather than getting a factory Nav, I would opt for a complete aftermarket setup. It is more expensive, but overall worth it, IMO.

·
8,852 Posts
ND4SPD said:
I heard that Lexus don't make 5 spd anymore...... :roll: :roll:
I heard some people do not take their time reading through the topic they are responding to. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ckolsen said:
Damn, where'd you graduate from, Harvard Business School? I think when I graduated college the only thing I got myself was a job. ;)
Actually i've been working at a securiites firm all the way through college, and they decided to hire me on after I graduate as a bond trader, plus i've been saving awhile since my last car was totalled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never had the honor of negotiating with a new car salesman, but does the special order to your specification cost anything extra? Also, why would the dealer find it to be a hassle, I imagine all they do is fill out a simple form and send it off to the plant?

·
8,852 Posts
gcs118 said:
I've never had the honor of negotiating with a new car salesman, but does the special order to your specification cost anything extra? Also, why would the dealer find it to be a hassle, I imagine all they do is fill out a simple form and send it off to the plant?
It is easier just to sell one from the lot than to fill the form and do whatever else they have to do. There is also a matter of allocation of certain vehicles. The dealers trade between each other to accomodate their customers. Plus, there needs to be a flow of vehicles on the lot - the dealer is paying interest to the bank on those, so the sooner they sell them, the more dealer cash-back they would get.

·
Registered
171 Posts
gcs118 said:
I've never heard of a markup based on special order, other than the fact that most of the time, if you special order, dealer's know you want it, and tend to be far far far less flexible when haggling. I really really really wanted my '02 5spd with Nav, and they new it. I bargained quite a bit, including leaving with the "well fine, then I'll buy another car" trick and they barely budged. I don't feel so bad, as I know quite a few people who paid MSRP for their special order, and I was able to get $500 off + 16" rims and snow tires for the tirerack price for the same combo (mounting and balancing was included so ended up being slightly cheaper than tirerack).

The benefit I see from this is now that I have a car I really really like, it gives me significantly more leverage in the future when I want to "consider" a new car. If I like what I have, it's easier to walk away if they won't meet my demands :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.