Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an '04 black IS 300 from my friend who works at Lexus in NJ...Originally i was told by him and his boss that there would be no changes in the 2004 model...However, i just spoke with him today and he said he is almost positive the '04 IS will becom the IS 330 (with the 3.3 engine)...He said this is almost definite bc of the fact that Lexus is upgrading all of the engines of their other cars (i.e. RX 330, GS 330)and that the rumors have been floating around at Lexus for the past week...so i am very excited by this if it is true, hopefully they don't mess up the great exterior and interior looks that the IS 300 already has...I saw pics of potential IS 330s on some websites and they were ugly...let's hope the car's appearance doesnt change but a more powerful engine would be nice...any input from anyone else?

·
8,880 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
The IS330 will be available as a 2005 Model Year. Your "Lexus Salesperson Friend" is wrong. The 2004 will be the same car but a few more features will be available like Memory Seating and such, but IT IS CONFIRMED (I work for Lexus)...

The 2004 IS300 is the same car as now except for a few added features that have not yet been available and a new color or two as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It will come out as a 2005 model (but will most likely hit showrooms in mid to late 2004)

Read this...
(I posted this in another thread)
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133582369#133582369

Hey Guys,
I am an IS owner, enthusiast, AND a Lexus salesperson...

It seems that I must END these rumors about the 330 coming in 2004. The IS330 (yes, a V6) will come out as a 2005 model (but will most likely hit showrooms in mid to late 2004)

The 2004 IS300 with still be OUR SAME car but will have some additional features available that have not yet been available on our cars... like Memrory Seats, New Colors (int & ext)...

If any of you would like me to fax you a copy of the updated information, I'd be glad to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts