Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
AFIS300PR said:
Does anyone know the 2004 Dash Tray part # Does this Dash Tray is a Lexus OEM part or a JDM part? Thanks!!
There are two types of trays, I think. One is a deep-pocket type OEM and then there is the JDM Altezza type with a partition. Hence there should be two part #'s.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sacto_Chris said:
AFIS300PR said:
Does anyone know the 2004 Dash Tray part # Does this Dash Tray is a Lexus OEM part or a JDM part? Thanks!!
There are two types of trays, I think. One is a deep-pocket type OEM and then there is the JDM Altezza type with a partition. Hence there should be two part #'s.
Thanks! I would like to get the Part # of the deep-pocket type OEM(the one in the .Net store)

·
Banned
538 Posts
AFIS300PR said:
Sacto_Chris said:
AFIS300PR said:
Thanks! I would like to get the Part # of the deep-pocket type OEM(the one in the .Net store)
.net store has the US spec dash tray now found in 2004 IS300's.

The JDM dash tray is the second one that is wider and not as deep.
Note it also is NOT flush with the dash. :bitching:

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
I would also like to convert to the dash tray for 04s

Anyone have all the part numbers as my dealer would like to help me but are dumb.

D

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Guys, it's not one part number. That's why we sell the damn thing FULLY ASSEMBLED and READY TO INSTALL. ;) It's made up of the tray, the a/c bezel, the lid, two side pieces, a post and a screw cover...

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
I know its not one part, but my dealer is stupid and im too lazy to go there and get the two part sheets to compare.

D

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
If it were for just normal every day use then I could just do it with my Toyota/Lexus account, but we are messing with a motor and making it so an AFCII and or a gtechpro can be mounted in one..... It's not a money making thing its a project thing for the race car.

D

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
webmaster said:
You still have to buy the parts... Who's going to give them to you for free?
u and i both know i don't need to spend retail or close to retail.

David

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
is300soon said:
u and i both know i don't need to spend retail or close to retail.

David
And we don't sell it for retail...

I was just responding to your "too lazy" part. You either get off your ass and figure it out/do it yourself, or you just pay someone... That's how most things in life work I've discovered. You will always have more or less of time or money...

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
Well my issue is my dealer is too far away and usually waste's my time. Ill figure it out
D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone who's considering trying to get the '04 OEM dash tray cheaper by ordering the parts from Lexus --- Don't. I thought I was being smart by doing so because I didn't want to pay the price in the store here, and it turned out to be a big mistake. I ended up spending MORE to get all the parts - which took a while to figure out what I needed. And it's a goddamn puzzle trying to figure out how to put all these pieces and springs together. Thankfully Tony, the Webmaster here, guided me through. But if you want one of these trays - which are awesome - you'll save a lot of time and frustration, and it'll cost the same or less, if you just buy it assembled from the store here.

SS

·
Registered
161 Posts
just to give you an idea what you are looking at:

Part#/Description/List Price($)
55662-53020/bezel/72.26
55681-53010/support/21.49
55682-53010/support/21.49
55441-53020/box/81.48
55442-53040/door/62.68
55446-53010/shaft/1.35

Total: $260.75 + tax

and I'm not even sure if those are all the parts you need(I haven't done it yet), and it would come unassembled. so if you don't have 30% off at the dealer, I don't see a point of not ordering it from the .net

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.