Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with most tips and stuff but disagree with outright telling people to lower their price, let them find out on their own. Give them the chance to find a buyer that will pay a reasonable price for what we all think is a pretty cool car. There is no reason (other than it having become a teenagers car) for a nicely kept is300 to be worth less than 10k, none. All people talk about is it being a great platform y0! with it being rwd and having a supra i6 motor.....but yeah....not willing to pay any more than 6k, it does not add up, even miatas which are a dime a dozen fetch comparable if not higher prices. It does not add up. Good luck with sale man, BaT is your friend.
No one is telling OP to lower their price directly, tips were given on the price and the pictures to help them find a buyer and sell at a fair (market) price. If OP can find someone to pay $12K for their car, kudos to them. And I'm glad most people on this thread agreed with me. OP is very pugnacious and arrogant.

If OP did manage to sell their car for that price, maybe I should start considering putting up my mint 50k miles 5 speed SportDesign for near MSRP and see if I get an interested buyer.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Maybe you should man. I see this on EVERY board I am a member of so I do not mean anything on a personal level (if at some point it does read that way). I just think that if we are going to talk about our cars as being special and desireable and manual unicorns etc etc then we should move towards pricing them as such, thats all. You should list your car on BaT ONLY if you want to sell it as I feel you do not; from looking at the site daily for a long long time I am sure you would get over 11 or 12. It's been tough seeing this car become the 2000's civic through 16 years of ownership.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No one is telling OP to lower their price directly, tips were given on the price and the pictures to help them find a buyer and sell at a fair (market) price. If OP can find someone to pay $12K for their car, kudos to them. And I'm glad most people on this thread agreed with me. OP is very pugnacious and arrogant.

If OP did manage to sell their car for that price, maybe I should start considering putting up my mint 50k miles 5 speed SportDesign for near MSRP and see if I get an interested buyer.
You could potentially get 15-20k. Someone 6 hours away from me is selling a mint 120k mile 5 speed manual for 4,000 USD. The catch is the front end is wrecked, but it runs and drives. Messaged the seller, if he could do 3k I might swap it to my sportcross (manual drivetrain)

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should PM the members if you are serious.
And I tried to but the forum limited the messages I could send in a time frame so I just replied to the post instead before jumping in to all day meetings. Appreciate the guidance, but I was just doing what I can to get communication out to the seller asap!
Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
So did this car sold yet? If I was in the market for this car, I’d rather buy from this guy:

Not only it looks clean and immaculate, but the interior looks mint, the exterior looks 10x better like it’s out of the showroom, it’s a Florida car with no rust, garaged for all its life, it’s a 5 speed SportDesign, and from what I saw on one of the Facebook groups, the buyer bought it for $6k!

And here we have this guy asking for $12k for his car 😂

·
4,271 Posts
So did this car sold yet? If I was in the market for this car, I’d rather buy from this guy:

Not only it looks clean and immaculate, but the interior looks mint, the exterior looks 10x better like it’s out of the showroom, it’s a Florida car with no rust, garaged for all its life, it’s a 5 speed SportDesign, and from what I saw on one of the Facebook groups, the buyer bought it for $6k!

And here we have this guy asking for $12k for his car 😂
It does not matter. Any thing is worth what someone is willing to pay. Give you an example. A friend of mine had a car that was worth really only about 10k.. A guy came to him and wanted it. My buddy was not really selling it. Because he liked the car. The guy turned to him and offered 25k cash. My buddy laughed and the guy said he was serious and would be back at the track tomorrow. What do you know, the guy came back with the cash. There went the car to a new owner.

PT Barnum said it. "there is another sucker every 30 seconds"

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Trolling and mocking are two different things, i said mocking not trolling. Give it time and come back and read your last post asking whether it sold or not. We've all been there.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts