Lexus IS Forum banner

2003 is300

761 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  is_300guy 
#1 ·
im looking to buy an is300, i have one picked out but idk what the maintenance schedule for these cars... it has 51000 miles, is there any major maintenance i should know about before buying (timing belt/water-pump?)
~thanks for any input

#2 ·
i bought my is300 at a dealership, they put a brand new water pump and timing belt... if its under warrant, maybe go ask them
? are u buying from dealership or private sella, and what color?

#4 ·
pm me the vin # and i can run a national lexus history on it for you to determine if the 30k service was done or not....which includes changing the antifreeze, transfluid and brake fluid according to our maintenance for a 30k, in addition to the regular oil change, rotating of the tires and inspecting the brake pads...

#5 ·
Your 60k is coming up and that includes your spark plug change, fluids and other things like oil change and tire rotation....that should run you about $300-1,200 depending on where you take it to. Go to a Toyota dealership, their cheaper then LEXUS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.