Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,880 Posts
Very minor.
Headlights and fog lights are dark inside.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It looks like from the "Built It" at Lexus's site, that you can't separate the leather from the "Leather Value" packages. And least I couldn't.

In the 03 "Build It," you could pick Leather and the LSD for example and not opt for the full Value Package.

Is that right? If so, does that means that you can't separate the moonroof from the Leather?

Can anyone clarify the order scheme for options? The Lexus website would seem to indicate that you can't separate the "Value Package" from the Leather independently.

If so, that would scuttle the IS from my selection list, as I do not fit well in the moonroof cars head room wise.

·
8,880 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Who cares.... Im more than happy with my 2001. and yes I LOVE the '01 Cupholder! :crazy: sh*t like that dont bother me.
The thing that bothered me about '01 is the lack of the 3rd pedal.
That has been resolved for me now. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
racerdave said:
It looks like from the "Built It" at Lexus's site, that you can't separate the leather from the "Leather Value" packages. And least I couldn't.

In the 03 "Build It," you could pick Leather and the LSD for example and not opt for the full Value Package.

Is that right? If so, does that means that you can't separate the moonroof from the Leather?

Can anyone clarify the order scheme for options? The Lexus website would seem to indicate that you can't separate the "Value Package" from the Leather independently.

If so, that would scuttle the IS from my selection list, as I do not fit well in the moonroof cars head room wise.
Yeah, Lexus has essentially been charging the customer a large chunk of change for the honor of deleting the sunroof. "Value Package" my ass...more like "Gouge You Package"!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
racerdave said:

Yeah, Lexus has essentially been charging the customer a large chunk of change for the honor of deleting the sunroof. "Value Package" my ass...more like "Gouge You Package"!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
racerdave said:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I could give a rat's butt about minor things like a cupholder.

For me, however, a moonroof is a BFD.

If the only way I can get heated leather seats in an IS300 in '04 is to have it be part of a package that also includes a moonroof, I will not be buying an IS300.

Nothing against the car or Lexus, it's just I do not fit in the car with a moonroof, plain and simple.

So to me, it is a big deal. It's a potential deal-breaker, which is why it would be nice if someone could shed any additional light on the subject.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts