Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys have to say about this car? I'm debating on either this or an 03 IS300. Well see what happens after the insurance quotes and everything. Insurance is a big deal since I'm lucky enough to have the parents help out on that, so insurance has to be affordable. It would be a Manual with the quattro AWD.(hows the Auto/tiptronic by the way? just in case) Thanks alot guys.

·
9,703 Posts
Go go for the IS300. I do like the A4 1.8, it'll be much better on gas, but reliability might be suspect. It seems like you're a young kid, so the last thing you need are repair bills. But if it comes with extended warranty or if you could afford to buy one, then get the A4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm only 17. So A4 if waranty is included, if not IS? I know you can't beat toyota reliabilty, but is the A4 that bad?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Audis are prone for electrical issues, as any german car. I looked at Audi A4's when i looked at IS's. I think the look of an A4 is rather bland and less luxurious and sporty than the IS300.

What are your goals for the car? I know ur only 17, but do you plan to make it go fast? Look fast? Fast and furious style? (I hope not)

If you are looking to go fast, then i wouldnt get the IS unless you have some money for boost. NA mods are pretty much useless. Im sure with a chip, exhaust and basic mods, you can have a quick A4.

Good luck with ur decision.

Oh, and girls like Lexus more then Audi

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha girls like lexus more than audi? Ok with the A4, I know the 1.8t motor has alot of potential. I was thinking of the basic chip/intake/exhaust soon after. Would I be pleased with the turn out? I just want a fun car to drive.. Something that looks good and will actually motivate me to wash it every weekend. Catch my drift?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
An 03 A4 will be IMO, just as, if not more luxurious than an IS300. I wouldn't own one without a warranty though... Those cars are great on gas. My friend has an 02 and gets about 26 mpg mixed use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats impressive.. And I'm assuming a chip/intake/exhaust should add alot of fun to the drive. Especially with the motor of so much potential. correct?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
People say the IS is underpowered...Wait until you drive the A4!
Without a chip and higher boost it's a cow! I wouldn't even bother
testdriving the auto!!!

As mentioned ALOT...Audi is not reliable and $$$ to fix.

j

1 - 11 of 11 Posts