Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning my JDM brothers and sisters!.
I have a 2005 Lexus IS300 and the AC light keeps flashing and the AC goes warm. I read on numerous boards that might be the sensors on the AC compressor itself that not even Lexus sells (I called and they said they can't get it).

(I just recently purchased this AC compressor brand new from Ebay (New not rebuilt) and now my AC is running warm air.... Anyone know what this might be?.

Thanks.

·
4,742 Posts
First, When you replaced the compressor.
Did you vacuum the system down before trying to fill it?
Was this the same issue before you replaced it?
Have you replaced or checked anything else?
What are the line pressures like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, When you replaced the compressor.
Did you vacuum the system down before trying to fill it?
Was this the same issue before you replaced it?
Have you replaced or checked anything else?
What are the line pressures like?
I had my technician change it for me. I had a new compressor, and condenser along with all the rings for the lines. My tech said there were no leaks but he didn't put the I think it's called extender not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you bought a new compressor from Ebay and had it installed, and it doesn't work?

I did the same, but I got a Denzo one. Same problem. Turns out that the new compressor had bad wiring on the sensor, and the wires had fallen off AFTER I installed it.

I heard it's best to remove the old sensors and put them on the new compressor. Or should I just return the compressor and get another one?

View attachment 138931

·
4,742 Posts
I had my technician change it for me. I had a new compressor, and condenser along with all the rings for the lines. My tech said there were no leaks but he didn't put the I think it's called extender not sure.
So when the tech did it. I am assuming the line pressures were correct and the compressor was running right. Now it stops randomly or not at all. If your line switch is good and the fns are kicking in. Then it is an issue with the compressor you bought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read it's the magnetic clutch. Should I just return the compressor? Since it has a 2 year warranty.

Thanks..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So when the tech did it. I am assuming the line pressures were correct and the compressor was running right. Now it stops randomly or not at all. If your line switch is good and the fns are kicking in. Then it is an issue with the compressor you bought.
Damn and I just purchased this compressor like 4 months ago... Should I just buy a used oem one f from eBay? Or swop the new one out.

I hear the new ac compressor usually the sensors on the compressor go bad too

·
4,742 Posts
Damn and I just purchased this compressor like 4 months ago... Should I just buy a used oem one f from eBay? Or swop the new one out.

I hear the new ac compressor usually the sensors on the compressor go bad too
Swap it out. Not likely to get another bad one. Rare occurrence if quality company.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts