Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off of the phone with my friend. He had just spoken with a sales representative at Johnson Lexus. He said that they have a 2002 Manual that is currently being prepped and is due to be in the showroom tomorrow. I believe he said it was silver, without navigation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I find that very interesting. I was trying to close a deal with Johnson Lexus on a silver 2001 IS two weekends ago - they were totally unflexible on price so I didn't end up buying it, which is a completely different story, but I asked then when they would be getting the 2002s. The salesman I was working with stated that they would be getting 2001s for several more months until around mid-October when to '02s would be arriving. Could be that he was just feeding me a line so that I would buy a '01 model. As a side note - don't buy from Johnson if you are considering purchasing an IS. If you don't mind the drive, go to Kernersville to Flow Lexus. They were much more willing to negotiate price with me and I'll be picking my silver IS up this Friday from Flow for the price I offered to pay Johnson and they wouldn't take it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, like most salesman, they are not the
best informed people in the world. When I
purchased my RX 300 Silversport, I was
about the only one who knew anything about
it. They had already ordered one, but most
of the sales people had no idea what I was
talking about.

I was surprised to hear about them not
dealing on the price. They came down pretty
good on my IS and even the RX they dealt
on even though it was the only one on the lot.
(they weren't happy about it, but they
did deal).

Did you go in with all the Edmund's info?
They are probably tired of all that mess
by now. Both times when I whipped out my
Edmund's price info, I could see the
sunshine leave the salesmans face. Although
they did make plenty of money on me from
both vehicles, so I don't feel sorry for them
in the least.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I drove my IS thru there a few months ago and didn't see anything but Bmers, what is the deal with that? I was a sore thumb to say the least.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are tons of Bimmers around. I see the majority of the IS300s in the Research Triangle Park.

I will definately consider the other dealerships in NC: Charlotte and Kernersville(Winston Salem?). I have heard good things about the Lexus dealership in Greenville, SC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just so anyone knows who looks at this post, we are getting together Sat. Aug. 18th in Greensboro if anyone is interested. Take a look at the get together forum section for details. On a side note, I got mine at Flow lexus and I got the price wanted. I just stood my ground and after about 2 hours, they caved! Be patient! Woohoo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts