Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 Silverfull black on order which should be arriving soon, and just when I thought I had everything covered, I started wondering how the stock stero sounds, I had brought in a cd and played it a bit, but couldn't blast it becuase I was listening to the transmission which sounded great. Anyway, just wanted to know the general consensus on the stereo. I am also past the age of adding amps/upgraded speakers so stock is what I am prefering.

Any Comments are welcome. by the way the 2001 brochure says 8 spkrs, but i only saw 6 i believe..

thanks Joe R

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You'll get varying opinions, but almost everyone agrees it's an awesome system. I think you'll be very pleased.

There are 4 individual speakers under the back window underneath the 2 large covers.

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by SilverLex:
You'll get varying opinions, but almost everyone agrees it's an awesome system. I think you'll be very pleased.

There are 4 individual speakers under the back window underneath the 2 large covers.

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

Have they fixed the 'jammed CD' problem where you can't get the CD out of the dash??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey guys,
I have mine on order and I listened to the stereo and it sounded pretty good. But I didn't really Jamm it so I was wondering if it has some bass boom to it?

IN addition:
I was wondering what BLANK CD's should I get to burn some WAV files to work properly in my IS stereo? I know for a fact that some black CD'R's work good in some head units and so forth.
I get my ride on Tuesday.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I got the 2002 model. I don't know if there's any different b/w the '01 and '02 system.

The stock system sounds GREAT ;except perhaps I needs 'mo BASS..

I never encounter any "Load CD" problem...

·
Registered
78 Posts
jraccord:

I've used mostly Imation brand 80 minute CDRs and they've worked great. I've also use ones from HP and PNY as well. So in my experience, the cd changer is not very picky about the media type.

Cheers,
Petey00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts