Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my local dealer today and they said that I could not order a 2002 5speed yet. They also said that special ordering a car usualy takes about 3 to 4 months, and they told me that the 2002 will not arrive until october!!!! Anybody have any real info???????

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had a 5-speed on order here in Canada since the middle of June (Intensa Blue Pearl) and the most recent information is to expect delivery in early September.

·
Registered
65 Posts
TRAE,

Did you speak to Johnson Lexus? If so that is horrible news. I talked to a salesman a month ago and they said they would expect them around Aug./Sept.. Did they mention what needed to be special ordered, cloth seats, no navigation, what?.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh, sounds to me like they are taking you for a ride. I ordered the 2002 5 speed at the end of June. It might be that they already have their allotment and can't get one till then, so they don't want to lose you as a customer so they make up some B.S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I did talk to Johnson lexus. I spoke to them again today, and they told me that lexus was only making them with certain options. I wanted cloth with limited slip and sunroof, 5 speed. They told me that for it to have a sunroof it would have leather and also grafite polished wheels. They alson said if I ordered the options I want that it would be November. I think I will just look for another car and save the headache!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
TRAE,

Thanks for the info. I need to get in touch with Johnson Lexus again. It sounds like they are only ordering fully loaded 5 speeds. I know they(Johnson) did that with their automatics. BTW, they have begun to offer that IS300 permormance lease again. I saw them advertise that on the television the other night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts