Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my car And I just listed it about 2 hours ago. But I have little guidance on what to ask for it I was offered $17,800 By a Toyota dealership last year for trade in on a used Cadilac EXT.

My qeustion to you is what should I ask for it. Is it over-priced?? under-priced? About right? My wife's it. It's an 02 with about 76,000 miles on it. Nothing wrong with the car she just wants something different.

Any and all guidance will help.

LEXUS REAL L-TUNED IS300 RARE RARE! | 2002 Lexus Real L-tuned IS300 RARE RARE! $23,900 Firm | Euro Classifieds | Euro Sales

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
$23,900 is DEF too much for a 02 with 76k miles.
It looks like 2001 ASP......
It doesnt look like it is 2002 AR...
I dont know
maybe it's only me...

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is definitely not AR unless the camera is doing something funny with the colors.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
nice lookin car, a little high in the price like nigel said, but with some of those options, it might just be worth it.

and I thought ASP was only offered in '01, so it cant be that, it sure does look like it though. you should get a better picture up, maybe with out the ricey civics in the background

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys maybe I wasn't clear enough with the first post. I am looking for numbers if $24,000 is to much what is a fair price? Just telling me it is over priced is not helping me at all. Im trying to get a fair market price here I would think this forum would have a good idea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know
maybe it's only me...
Oh and I have no idea what AR or ASP is, the difference between the 2, If it's a car, or a state, or something you eat. How about dumming it down for a basic car guy not a die hard lexus enthusiast. The car is a 2002 cause thats what the title and all the paper work says if the picture is confusing Im sorry but here again I trying to get a fair price for this car. Since the 3 local Lexus dealership I called have know idea what I talking about when I say L-tuned.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it does look auburn sky pearl or or its a super faded AR

·
Registered
13 Posts
you would be lucky to get 18k for it. i would have taken that.
rare, yes. but there is no market for that car. not many people are going to fight over it.
maybe try to get 20k out of it. ask your 24k and go from there.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I look forward to next year's edition of your "wife want to sell her car" thread. haha

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i think 20k is still a bit high. but its a good starting point. it looks like it's AR to me just weird lighting on the camera.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You'll be lucky to get $15K. I sold my 02 L-tuned (95K miles) for $13K as a trade-in. Unfortunately, not many dealers or prospective buyers will know or appreciate your mods. "That's the reality people."

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yeah definitely high. Mine is fully modded only thing that is missing is turbo and my asking price was 20k. I have an 01 and have 60k miles. Turbo cars on here are going 20k or less and slightly modified.

Your better off keeping it or hope some kid comes by and give you that amount.
Goodluck on your sale! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
It's not really modded guys... It's a 2002 exclusive OEM L-tuned car. This is very very rare to find still. And that is definately AR. Just a very shitty picture...

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I dont know
maybe it's only me...
you should know that L-tuned editioned IS300 only came out in 2002...

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
you should know that L-tuned editioned IS300 only came out in 2002...
yes, I do.
And you can purchase the ltuned package after you bought the car. So a 01 asp can be ltuned

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
actually it was available in '03 and '02.
for a realistic price find a comparable 2002 with the same milage and add about $4000 for the l-tuned stuff...that's fair for anyone who knows thecar

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
actually it was available in '03 and '02.
for a realistic price find a comparable 2002 with the same milage and add about $4000 for the l-tuned stuff...that's fair for anyone who knows thecar
exactly. don't forget the TRD BBK on it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts