Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if what the code is for LSD, and whether it would be on driver door jamb somewhere? Doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me either way, just would like to know... thx

·
Registered
551 Posts
No but I can tell you that tif the car was bought in FL it doesnt have LSD. It hasnt been put in any 02s in the south and isnt being planned to be put in. I tryed to prefrence one and they said it would be special order because they arent makeing them for the South. North Carolina through Texas and down.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats what Im tryin to figure out. They market LSD as a performance option yet they include it standard in cars in colder climates and dont even offer us one
The heated seats are also not offered in the southern region.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does LSD affect 0-60 times in dry conditions? Any real disadvantages in non-slippery situations?

·
8,880 Posts
LSD won't affect 0-60 times on dry road as long as the tires maintain traction.
You would feel it working when going into a tight turn full throttle. Without LSD, the inside wheel will have less traction due to the weight shift and the differential would trasfer torque to that wheel. LSD, on the other hand, will keep supplying torque to the outside wheel, therefore limiting oversteer, and providing better control.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was under the impression that the LSD is now a standard option on the 5 speed at least. Which makes me wish I had waited for the '02 model year because LSD on the '01 models were extremly difficult to come by! As far as LSD affecting 0-60 times I don't think it would have that much of an advantage other than slippery road conditions anyway or in the case of a manual transmission where wheelspin is always an option
. It might also be an advantage in heavy cornering but the IS does a pretty good job without the LSD. I would still like to have a factory LSD on my auto

·
Registered
4 Posts
LSD is definitely not standard on all 5-speeds, and it is definitely not included on any of the cars in Lexus' southeastern sales region. I know this because I'm trying very hard to buy one. Lexus will eventually start shipping cars equipped with a LSD to the south. I have been told that LSD typically comes along with many other options. Because the margin is better on cars well equipped, I think Lexus waits for later in the model year to send those cars and favors cars with fewer options early in the model year (lower margins but greater chance of selling cars at full MSRP because of the excitement surrounding the new model year). In my quest for a 5-speed with a LSD, I have discovered that all such cars are in the North and West. I currently have a sales rep, Michael Caldwell at Hennessy of Gwinnett, tracking down a blue, 5-speed with a LSD for me. It seems that he will be able to get one for me within 7-14 days. You may want to give him a try if you NEED one now. By the way, all the blue 5-speeds currently in the States seem to have heated seats too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have LSD on my '01, came into S. Florida from Georgia. There is a code on the door jam, just look at the sticker on the drivers side door, if it says B02C, I believe you have LSD, if it says B02A, you don't have it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
can't any dealer get any car? my local mb dealership will get me any car from another mb dealership (within geographic reason). dealerships ship cars to each other all the time.

i hope that altezzilla gets his (hers?) easily, and i would be interested to know if it cost you anything to have that car shipped to atlanta.

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by mchwe:
can't any dealer get any car? my local mb dealership will get me any car from another mb dealership (within geographic reason). dealerships ship cars to each other all the time...
Yes, that's what my dealership did to accomodate my requirements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts