Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Lexus is300 with no navigation or dvd player, all stock. I would like to know the best bang for my buck for a touch screen dvd player. I want something that is fairly a basic install and not tearing apart the entire car and needing to all modify everything. I would like one that fits in the stock radio area with a nice looking border. Thanks for any and all help. All the dvd player touch screens I see out there , double dins, none seem to fit into the is300, please help.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Danazc said:
I have a 2002 Lexus is300 with no navigation or dvd player, all stock. I would like to know the best bang for my buck for a touch screen dvd player. I want something that is fairly a basic install and not tearing apart the entire car and needing to all modify everything. I would like one that fits in the stock radio area with a nice looking border. Thanks for any and all help. All the dvd player touch screens I see out there , double dins, none seem to fit into the is300, please help.

Check the correct forum down below :cool:

·
8,880 Posts
There is NO Lexus specific unit. What you will need to get is a "dash kit". JDM one is the best, as it is an OEM part. Unfortunately, if you have heated seats, you'll need to relocate driver heated seat and trac buttons over to where coin holders are. Rear speakers are not compatible with aftermarket setup, so those will need to be replaced. Other than that, you can select any aftermarket headunit you'd like. Doulbe-Dins look best, IMO.

Reactions: DonCorleone

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've talked to a few people with touchscreens and they say that in the right light, the screen shows lots of fingerprints and generally looks dirty. They said the prints are easily visible majority of the time.
Someone else told me he has a Jensen DVD/MP3/CD flip out for a decent price (like $600 from a chain store, i.e. Circuit City/Best Buy, I forget which one) that had a TV tuner built in and played everything with no problems and he loved it. I was like, "Jensen?" And he said they have nice resolution screens and they get them from Compaq, or the company that supplies screens for Compaq I think. He swore the unit was good and the screen quality was excellent. Anyone else have experience with it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts