Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Lexus IS 300 I bought off a guy, electronics work fine car cranks but does not start, I’ve changed the alternator I’ve changed the water pump I’ve changed the fuel pump, I’ve changed the relay, the guy says ✌ He’s checked the fuel injectors I checked them and one of the cords won’t stay in place on top of that when I crank the car it misfires a lot plus fuel leaks out of fuel injector one, My first IS 300 never owned a inline six I may need a couple pointers 💯💯

·
Registered
556 Posts
Could be all sorts of things. First you need to fix the injector leak. Then I'd put a timing light on it and check all 6 cylinders, to see if ignition timing is right. Then I'd test it for actual spark on all 6. Then I'd inspect cam timing. These things should get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be all sorts of things. First you need to fix the injector leak. Then I'd put a timing light on it and check all 6 cylinders, to see if ignition timing is right. Then I'd test it for actual spark on all 6. Then I'd inspect cam timing. These things should get you pointed in the right direction.
It’s starting with starter fluid so Ik it can’t be the fuel injectors Is the fuel injector supposed to have dark gasoline around the top seal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts