Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Alright, some REAL pics. I think the wheels look small. It'll sell of course.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Despite having the same power and torque, I am impressed by the 1MZ-FE's use of regular unleaded fuel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't like the looks at all. Looks like a cross between an Olds Alero and an Avalon IMO.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Catastrofe ]

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Ugly mo'fo'. Like the inside though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
Despite having the same power and torque, I am impressed by the 1MZ-FE's use of regular unleaded fuel.
The specs say premium fuel can be used for improved performance. I wonder what fuel was used to spec the HP and torque.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
The inside looks AWESOME! I wish the interior of the IS looked this plush.

With that said . . . the outside looks N-N-N-N-N-NASTY!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
higher octange gas does not improve hp or torque. It is only used to prevent knocking, so if you have a good condition and is not pushing the engine very hard, you will be able to generate the same power whether you are using 87 or 92. However, there may be a chance that you get lower HP and torque with 87, and that is due to the timing retard and knocking. Basically, 87,89,92, and higher octane gasolines are all the same.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey, that link is a great find!

The exterior is a bit strange looking. The headlight enclosures look a bit too long. The tail looks like an Avalon, reminds me a little of the I30 tail end as well. The crease on the side of the car also reminds me of the Hyundai Sonata/Elantra?? We'll probably get used to the look once we see it often enough I guess.

The interior looks very nice though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts