Lexus IS Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
So I did some valve lapping and I’m being told that these seats will not work because they are not centered. Anyone have advise on this I really don’t know I thought it was fine and sealed up but apparently it will burn up my valves any feedback helps.
Automotive tire Wood Rim Tool Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Rim Auto part

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Did the machine shop say the valves were not centered? From just the picture, I don’t see anything obviously wrong.
Did the machine shop say the valves were not centered? From just the picture, I don’t see anything obviously wrong.
nope they didn’t tell me anything. I’m having someone check them out before anything else

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get your seats cut (only with a Serdi machine) and valves ground, then lap them in and be sure to not get that lapping compound anywhere it shouldn’t be - then full cleanup, adjust lash, and assemble - might as well do a shimless bucket swap if it’s going to a machine shop; they will set lash by grinding the tips of the valves so might as well ditch those heavy stock buckets. There’s no shame in pulling 2 2008 Camry valve covers off at pick n pull and using those ones, I paid 5$ for mine.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts