Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an internet photo of a 2002 is300 full black leather interior that I've posted (below) -- noticed in the photo that there's a black cover on the metallic shift knob -- does anyone know if that black "cover" will be offered as a standard item on 2002 models -- or does anyone know where one could order such a cover? I'm interested in getting one...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Out of curiousity, does that website give credit to ToMoCo for those pics (they can be found on the Japanese Toyota website)?

Apparently, the 2002 Altezzas have a few different shift knobs available as options, but no one knows for sure if the 2002 IS300 will have the pictured "traditional" leather knob or the previous chrome ball knob. If you really wanted this leather knob, you could probably order it online somewhere.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wait a minute! By looking at the center console's magnified view at the lower right corner, the cup holder has been redesigned to hold 1 bottle but with a really deep capacity??? Also, the window controls are relocated from the window area to there as well...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by S20002IS300:
Wait a minute! By looking at the center console's magnified view at the lower right corner, the cup holder has been redesigned to hold 1 bottle but with a really deep capacity??? Also, the window controls are relocated from the window area to there as well...
Yes, as oneeyejack says, those are the navigation buttons, not the window ones...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
uhhh.... look at the pic again... what side is the steering wheel on ?

yes its on the right, not the left so.... im guessing that its not the US version ( duH )

and i dont think that shift knob will be on the US version of the IS300....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Leather shift-knob is available for the 2001 models here in Canada with the 'D' package (full option with leather pipings, wood-trims, and headlight washers)

I know headlight washers is currently not an available option in the U.S.....maybe leather shift-knob is....

My 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Eddy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing