Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently got a CEL code P0430 and one of the possible causes could be the bank 2 sensor 2.
I had this replaced in Sept 2017, it is possible for the O2 sensor to go bad this fast? What is the self life of these?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
525 Posts
How many miles on the car? Lifespans Can vary based on company, misfiring, fuel quality etc..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
135,000 kms, I installed it a couple months before storage in 2017 and only started driving the car again this summer in 2020.
It is a Denso original so I don't think it could have died due to age.

I'm going to get the car inspected next weekend, hoping it's just an exhaust leak somewhere and not the actual cats that have gone bad.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
525 Posts
Well it could very well have died due to age of just sitting. All things are possible. Delete the code and see if it comes back. If it does then you need to check the wiring/connectors. You may have to change it if you cannot find any wiring faults.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For me...I had this code not too long ago. I had changed my O2 sensors all at once years back. I thought it was my cat because I felt it was too soon for the sensors to be out. But I let the code sit and the longer it sat more codes start to pop up. I can’t remember them but it was a total of 4 codes. All 4 codes shared bank 2 sensor 2 in their descriptions of my code reader. So I changed that sensor and all 4 codes were cleared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts